1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland LS180 Skid Steer Value?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Petr51488, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Not sure of the year, but the machine has 900 hours and has an enclosed cab with heat and ac. Looks to be in decent condition. What is this machine roughly worth? The sticker on the back window says its a super boom. Can anyone who knows about these confirm by looking at the pictures? Thanks!ussmileyflag

skid2.png

skid1.png

skid3.png

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Compare to other like machines on machinerytrader.com.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a nice machine. If everything works as it should I would say you'd be in the mid teens. Looks like an early 2000's machine. The super booms are nice, our LX665 is a super boom and it reaches into a 5 ton and bigger with ease.I dont know if it will reach into a full height tri axle but it would be close.

4. Snow Business 1

Snow Business 1 Junior Member

It looks just like my 2004 New Holland LS 180. Just get the vin # and call any new holland dealer and they should be able to tell you.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Those are pretty low hours. I would say between 16 and 18K.

6. Snow Business 1

Snow Business 1 Junior Member

I agree with these numbers...

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

It'll load a tandem. A triaxle is too tall unless it has a gravel box on it.

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a 2001 or 2002, I could tell you by the seat style, its a $14-15 machine, but no more, it has manual quick attach and it problably does not have 2 speed, id go in at 13

Also the hour meter can be unplugged or changed so go by paint and wear not hours

9. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Thanks for the responses guys! I now have an idea what its worth. Now I have to see what I can get it for! PS, good point on unplugging the hour meter.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Btw, here's the picture of the inside.

seatt.png

11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

If it's the original seat it's an 03. A lot of people think these are worth way more than they are, looking at the rust in the cab and exterior condition, I would not trust the hours.

I'd be at 13-14 still but I wouldn't offer 15 as it is 11 years old, I have a 2005 NH 180 with 1400 hours enclosed cab and I'm selling it for around 15-16 come spring

12. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have to respectfully disagree. Trade in here would be at 13-14 and retail at the dealer would be around 18,900. Retail private would be 16-18. I don't see signs of it being abused or having more hours on it than what it shows. New that machine is well over 30K. With 900 hours I wouldn't sell it for 13 or 14.

13. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

Our 2004 has the same seat in it.

In the right foot well there should be a plate with the serial number, model and year on it. Also there is a sticker on the valve cover of the engine that will have an epa certification year that will be close to the model year.

We've put 1400 hrs on our LS180 between snow and farm work and it has been a great trouble free machine. My only complaint it how loud the hydraulics are. Ear plugs are a must.

We bought it in 2007 with 900 hrs on it for $18k private sale.