1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland LS160-Please help me help my brother

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fur94, Dec 6, 2010.

1. fur94

fur94 Junior Member

My parents and I are trying to help my brother. He has just finished a new home, and bought a New Holland LS160 with a bucket to use during construction. He'll use it to plow too, but we thought another attachment might work better.

My searches aren't coming up with much, so I was hoping some on this site might have some advice. On a residential gravel driveway, should we get him a plow or snow pusher, or should he just keep and use the bucket?

Thank you for your thoughts.
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Pushers are best for large open areas, and most snowfalls that aren't that deep will be tough with the bucket. Best bet would be a plow for it
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

If it's just his own driveway then just have him use his bucket.
  4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd agree that the bucket should suffice, as long as the driveway isn't a mile long or something. If you were to look for something else, I'd suggest a cab enclosure & heater (if no already equipped), and possibly a plow if the drive is extremely long. BTW, welcome. Thumbs Up
  5. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

it depends on the length of the drive and atleast a door
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I wish I was your brother LOL