1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new holland L553

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by slim_68510, Mar 3, 2005.

1. slim_68510

slim_68510 Junior Member

anybody got an opinion? gotta change to pick one up for $6,000. has 80 hours on new kubota v1903. farm used so it looks pretty used, but probably has had decent service and only one guy running it. comes with grapple bucket and post hole digger. anyone know the specs for the L553? were they decent machines in their day? how do i tell if the hitch plate is mordern and will accept modern attachments?

thanks for any info.

2. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

I've got a 555. Works great. look the motor up. mine is 45 horse or so. operating weight should be inside of the cab somewhwere. mine is 1700 pounds.
    it has the superboom, so it goes out as it goes up. nice for loading trucks or stacking snow. yours has aux hydraulics, which is good.
    the attachment plate is not the quicktach. close, but not the same. I don't really care though.
    they are really short wheelbase. this is a great thing for landscaping. i use mine about every other day.no real complaints.
    if you don't have a steer, you will be shocked at what you can do with it, and how much quicker it is to do some things.