1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland L218 w/ 9ft Kage system (Pics)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by svc turf, Oct 27, 2013.

1. svc turf

svc turf Member

Just picked up a 9ft Kage from an auction. I know its a little big for my machine but I got a really good deal on it and for what Im using it for I think it will work out just fine. We will be using the plow only for back dragging 130 drives in a condo complex then put the kage on to push the snow from the street up onto the lawns. Im not doing really long passes like on a parking lot, probably 150 feet at a time so I think my machine will be able to handle it. Just wanted to share some pics of our setup

*Also I have a 8ft Bobcat brand skid steer plow for sale with a brand new poly cutting edge for $1,800

Contact me at 248-210-9146
    located in White Lake, MI

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Im curious if you could give me a condition report on the kage, since its hard to find them and I cant get much feedback on their build integrity

I see the one poly wear shoe is all twisted

3. svc turf

svc turf Member

The unit was beat on pretty badly. But the plow was in perfect condition, no bends or broken welds. The only thing I fixed on the plow side was the bolts that attach the angling cylinders to the plow were bent so I replaced them with new grade 8 bolts. The only thing that needed to be fixed on the Kage was the metal side panels taken off and beaten with a sledge. Good as new now. You could just tell that someone beat on this thing pretty badly. Very impressed with how well built it is.

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Good info. So how good of a deal?

5. svc turf

svc turf Member

$2,200 after auction fees

6. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Put some Wolf paw tires on that machine and you will be amazed. I use 9' snow wolf plows with wings on my New Holland 185. Without the snow wolf tires it was ok, but since switching tires the production is up and fuel consumption is down. Less spinning tires save fuel.

that plow is not to big for that machine

7. svc turf

svc turf Member

I know my machine will have the power but it doesn't have as much weight. but good to hear! I was thinking it wouldn't handle the box very well full of snow. How much are a set of wolf paw tires?

8. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I believe I paid between $1400-1600 per set depending on the time of the year.

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Wolf Paws were $1380 from our local CAT dealer

10. svc turf

svc turf Member

yeah I think im going to hold off on the tires. Im sure it will do fine without them.