1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland L185 Skid Loader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Patrick34, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

New Holland L185 Skid Loader for sale. We purchased this unit new in November 2008. Unit has 686 hours on it. Two speed & factory installed cab/heat.

The good - Unit has always been professionally maintained. Good tires. Currently runs very good. Everything works as it should. Besides when plowing snow, this unit has been stored indoors entire life.

The bad - at the beginning of this winter, this unit developed an engine knock noise. We have not used this unit since the beginning of winter when this problem arose. This unit still runs strong and normal, it just has an engine knock noise.

We do not use this unit very much (only 686 hours since new). Instead of investigating this potential repair, we are selling this unit AS IS.

Located in Auburn Hills, MI. Asking $15,500.
    If interested, please call Patrick @ 248.891.5575.

2. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I had the same problem with an LS180. Started with an engine noise, got louder, then put a hole in the block. Cost me 15k to fix it... Not an expense I planned for that year.
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Did I read that right? Knocking engine for 15500?
  4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'll buy it for $5,000
  5. 5500 cash this weekend
  6. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

Bought a skid steer this fall from Patrick. Nice unit and was a straight shooter. Good luck with the sale!
  7. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

What does the oil look like??

Oil leaks?
    Anti=freeze leaking ?

Engine eating up the antifreeze?
    5700.00 cash tomorrow
  8. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

Thanks for the note. Ya, we used to have 5 of these units... over the last year we have sold 3 of our New Holland skids. We are upgrading our equipment to Cat 906 loaders... we purchased 4 Cat 906 loaders this past fall.

This skid currently for sale is our last unit for sale....
  9. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Call me

10. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

There is no oil leak. No anti-freeze leak. When the skid developed this problem, we immediately shut it down and inspected for any leaks. No leaks. Just prior to winter season, it had a full service including oil change, filters, etc.... routine maintenance. When this problem developed, our mechanic inspected oil level & all fluids... nothing was low.
  11. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

Unit is sold.