1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland L-175 to buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nosbis, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

So I'm looking at a 2008 new holland l-175 500 hrs heat 2 spd had quick tatch standard controls standard aux hyd weight kit very clean unit used to unload snowmobiles n such at a sport store. Asking 24,500 for it and it would be my first skid, will be using for plowing 5 1-2 acre lots and a hoa also landscaping work, soil conditioning grading ect. Any thoughts on this machine are they reliable? Is that the right size for the job? Will it push a 8 foot box ok?

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

NH skid is a very good skid, They have less tip action and better visibility to operator. I would think it could handle a 10'- 10'6'' pusher with the 2sp. Reliability they rate good. desirable to most contractors. I'm not up on the price on that newer used stuff. Sounds reasonable but do your homework.

The Skid rodeo's I been to they always take the win. Not cause of power or anything like that, Just less tip action. Good Luck

3. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Make sure you can get parts and service within a reasonable distance.

4. Nosbis

Nosbis Junior Member

Ok, I was a little concerned of the weight #6200 and hp62 if that was going to be heavy and powerful enough for what I need it for anyone who has this model? Also I was reading on here people who had major issues with the L220 are those issues model specific or were all the L series a problem child?

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The issues with the newer NH models are not things you'll have to worry about with that machine.

That price seems decent. And that machine, equipped with dedicated snow tires, will handle a 10ft pusher easily. As well as lift 2500lb pallets of salt/pavers/etc/etc on & off of semi decks without much trouble

6. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I feel the 175 is too small for the 10' box. I owned a 180 and 185 and those machines (considered) large frame are better suited and more stable for the longer push's. Id stay with the 8' box on the 175. 6200 lbs is not a heavy machine and 62 hp can get bogged down.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Im not debating a NH180/185 is better for running a10fter. Im just stating the "fact" that we have ran 10fters on that size machine (with dedicated snow tires) for many yrs with very good success....on multi acre commercial & resi work. Just sayin.