1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new holland 865

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rjigto4oje, Oct 16, 2013.

1. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine just called me about his 865 nh. He said that one of his front wheels does not move i told him I will look at it in the am, and it sounds like a
    chain broke and input or advice :mechanic:ussmileyflag:mechanic:

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sound like chain or sprocket slipping
    Never been in a NH

3. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Sounds like the sprocket is stripped out where the axle go in to it and the sprocket is spinning on the axle

4. rjigto4oje

took the inspection cover off chains ok got more info both wheel won't spin weak drive motor they said it was making noise then stopped anybody ever rebuild one

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

How many hours on it

6. rjigto4oje

Alot forgot to look why any hints the dealer said left & right are the same was gong to swap to see if my problem moves I have a 5000 psi gauge if there is a presure port if so what should the pres be

7. rjigto4oje

my buddy called new holland they said , $6,000 to fix, needs new drive motors , I think they should last longer than 1300 hours has anyone ever done this kind of job any input would be great