1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new holland 7740

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by turbolium, Sep 25, 2011.

1. turbolium

turbolium Junior Member
    from 514

looking at a 96 new holland 7740 EST with 7600 hours, I would like to install a reverse blower and use it as a back-up and maybe 20-30 residential.

other than the internal high low solenoid in the transmision I've only read good things about this model, all -40's for that matter.

Its very clean and I'm getting it for a good price.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever run a machine like this and whether there was anything in particular to look out for, ( problematic issues ) motor, trani, brakes.

thanks.

2. gvm

gvm Member

Do you have a photo of the machine? I would also be curious to see what the price is to see if it is in fact a good deal.

3. turbolium

turbolium Junior Member
    from 514

hi, thanks for the reply

He's asking $15 500.00 cdn. and except for the tires its very clean, just a couple things though, the hood of the motor has been re painted? and the motor itself is painted grey when all the other 7740's I've seen are painted black.
    the high - low gearing is a leaver not a switch, is this better? honestly the only bad thing I've read about these machines is that the the high - low solenoid is in the transmision and to change it you have to crack the transmision. $$$
    I drove it last week, went through all the gears with no clunks or slips all the hydrolics worked fine engine started right up thats about all I know.
    Its at the dealer being inspected and if all checks out I think I'm going to buy it.

any tips or advice would be greatly apreciated, thanks again.

new holland.jpg

4. gvm

gvm Member

It does look pretty clean. I Cant really tell from the photo that the hood is repainted. As far as they grey motor is concerned, sometimes the remanufatured/rebuilt motors are grey as an indicator it has a rebuilt/new motor, which is not a bad thing. I would at least ask that question. The hi/low solenoid is in the trans, but I was under the impression there is an access cover to facilitate maintenance. That would be a ridiculous job to crack the tranny just to service the solenoid. I am almost positive I have seen the access cover - Ask that question as well. Otherwise, like I said, it looks pretty nice overall. What type of site are you planning on using it on? Maybe I can help with some plow/blower suggestions?

5. turbolium

turbolium Junior Member
    from 514

thanks gvm,

ok I'm a little confused, according to your nik your in Illinois but your web site shoule is in st. Germain Que. seems like a little far to go to work, traffic must be killer LoL!!

If in fact you are in st Germain quebec that would be awsome cus the machine is in drumondville and Id like to have it fitted with a 82" reverse blower, new or re-conditioned with a waranty before I bring it to my yard in Mtl.

Its primary use will be residential driveways, back up drop the blower two pulls and on to the next. the machine has 4 outlets in the back so a blower with a retractible blade would be nice ( clean the speed bump in front of the garage door, I get at least a dozen complaints a year about that LoL ) .

thanks.

6. gvm

gvm Member

Just PM me, or call me. I can help.

7. gvm

gvm Member

The biggest reverse blower I carry is the S-172 Check your PM inbox for the quote :)
    you can also see it on our website.