1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Holland 4050 & 5050 bopping when blower is up and tractor idle stopped

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Golfpro21, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

Any one know what would cause the machines to bop when the blowers are in upright position and the tractor is idling at like a stop light or just sitting still?

I had the 4050 in to fix this problem, the dealer said it was a faulty o ring, they replaced it but now both machines are doing it?

Thanks in advance
  2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

By "bob" do you mean shake? As in something is bent? Is the blower on? Do you put the machine in neutral? How high is the blower raised up? The angle of the driveshaft to steep, U-joints loose?
  3. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Is the blower dropping, then the machine is raising it back to the preset height. I had this problem on my 5085, dealer had to replace a valve in the three point hitch.
  4. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

yes I think this is what is happening, it only happens when blow is raised up and then machine is sitting, it doesnt happen when machine in in motion.
  5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Same issue with the T4.75 we are using. It is in for repair for an o-ring issue which I am told should take care of the issue.
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That 4050 and the 5050 it only has 1 ram outside on the lift
    Lot times Its the lift piston in the tractor to fix it right you need take top off and rebuild that piston system
    And what cause it Lifting to much or hauling something and bouncing down the road is hard on it

You up grade tractors buy the 60 series models with dual lift cylinders

My 6050 6070 6070NH dont do it they have dual lift cylinders
    my 7740ford did it was fix and this year start back up it only has one helper cylinder
  7. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

how do you like the 4.75 we are buyinga third tractor, this is one we are looking at.......I like the bigger cab than the 4050 but some of the controls are a bit different
  8. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

O-ring was replaced as well as the o-rings in the valve. Still drifts. I like the machine very well but miss the raise and lower controls available in the 4050.
  9. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

yes we have test driven the 4.75 a few times now, the controls inside are alot different than the 4050 and 5050. After considering this (especially the lever control/versus the button control for the up and down of blower, I think we are leaning more to another 5050
  10. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

thanks for the info.
    I would love to move to a 6050, but the machine is just too big for alot of the residentials around here, many properties have trees that would simply be in the way.....our 5050 often has trouble on properties, so going even bigger would restrict the properties we could service.