1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Hiniker and F-250 Setup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by aviatortom, Jun 27, 2010.

1. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

After running a 4runner w/ 6' blade I picked up a big plow contract plus other small jobs to gear up for the 2010-11 season!!!!

Purchased 10 month old plow for $2000 bucks and a good deal on the truck too!!!

Just need to fix mostly likely the lift solenoid as the picture shows the current lowest drop it will do but plenty of cylinder length left to retract.

TrucknPlow.jpg

2. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

looks good. i like your rims

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sharp setup! Would look even better with towing mirrors.
    What kinda led bar are you running?

And what's with the helicopter sticker on the back window?

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking setup

5. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

Thanks for all the comments guys...

That's the new Sound off signal Pinnacle mini light bar from sirennet.com WORKS GREAT!!!

The helicopter decal is my promotion and passion indicator for my future career and current hobby. I'm a licensed helicopter pilot . :nod:

6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

hey...

does your hiniker shake a bit when lowering? Mine does and it pisses me off...as it happens a thousand times a storm.

o, wait..you can't lower it all the way..

It's your solenoid.

what is that??? an 04?

7. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

Actually I've got it fixed...The lift cylinder was just rusted a bit near the packing nut so I loosened, lubricated and plow works great now...it has a very slight shimmer as it drops but I've only flexed it half a dozen times.

It was left outside with the lift cylinder extended therefore I expect after an hour or so of usage it will be extra smooth...

8. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

And yes it's a 2004. It's GREAT!

I'm also very happy with the Hiniker product support and parts sales...I've had dealings in both departments with great success.

The online PDF print outs make installation for mounts and wiring super easy!

9. MileHigh

mine shakes pretty bad...

dealer says that they all do it...I was like BS...

i went to the sno-way dealer cause I've have a friend there, and he said It needs a float control...he gave me one, but I have failed to install it on the pump.

10. MileHigh

heres a pic of my exact same setup only my truck is extended cab..and plow has wings.

FxCam_1269072574756.jpg

FxCam_1269407619734.jpg

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I noticed your screen name after I posted the comment about the sticker. A good friend of mine is a heli pilot also, gotten to go up a few times with him. Definitely much better then any sort of fixed wing aircraft that I've been in. I'd like to learn to fly one sometime and I can dream of owning one lol.

12. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

Tow Mirrors will be installed this week!

13. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

Tow mirrors/cab lights/tool box installed!

IMG_0689.JPG

14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I like it alot, I have no idea why the heck ford put those little mirrors on those trucks haha. Have a good winter.

15. aviatortom

aviatortom Junior Member

All ready for winter with Hideaway strobes and aux reverse lights!

Anyone know of a good way to keep the back windshields from freezing over if working at night in a storm?

...Plowed with a 4runner with wiper blade last year and prefer to not spend alot on an in dash screen(rather than misc. mounted screen) for a back up camera.

-------------------------------------------------<<<<<>>>>-----------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will be selling the wheels pictured in the august post(custom/non ford) if anyone is interested.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------<<<<>>>>>----------------------------------------------------

Happy winter everyone...

F-250.jpg