1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Hinckers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LI Brian, Oct 10, 2001.

1. LI Brian

LI Brian Guest

Hey Guys,
    I just saw the new Hinkers(think that is how it is spelt). Looks like a nice piece. The top of the plow folds over so that you can use it to backblade. I think the guys that do residentials should check it out. It's pricey at $4,600 installed but it sure looks nice. Since the plow has only been around for 3 years I think I will wait and see if they will last. Also seen the new Meyers same thing with a few more additions. Does anyone know who owns or makes Hincker.
    The Islanders are on a roll, Watch out Pittsburgh
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Good Luck with that brand. Do a search and the light will shine.

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

In addition to a "search" on the topic (it's spelled Hiniker) I believe John Parker has some experience with these plows...................................... ;)
  4. LI Brian

LI Brian Guest

I don't have one nor did I buy one, but I thought it looked nice haven't used one either. Just trying to see what they are all about. Thanks for correcting the spelling for me,
  5. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

The Hiniker Plows are made in Mankato,Minnesota. Hiniker's primary production is farm equipment and implements. They have a website also. The price on the "C" plow you mentioned seems kinda steep compared to the Midwest prices. For that price, I'm sure you would be close to owning a "V" plow.
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

This will be the second full season for the c plow. Hiniker says that they have very few warranty issues, however a trusted member here on plowsite has never recieved satisfaction regarding his a frame quadrant bending on his v plow.
    Anyway, most v plows can be had for under 4K in the states.
  7. bordergrill

bordergrill Guest

I am in the midwest and the local Hiniker dealer will sell the C plow for $3695 installed...
  8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

LI Brian,
    You've come to the right place to get information.
    And, there is a lot of information on Hiniker here.
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

As I have posted a dealer here just picked up their line and said they have improved the plow. I am not sure I would go with them as I am aware of the individual here that as not been helped by them. If anyone was to buy one I think I would definately want strong support from a good dealer. Not worth buying equipment that will not make it through the winter.
  10. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats about all i have to say about Heniker and as usual Heniker if you would like to call me to discuss several warranty issues with my 4 Heniker plows you can call me at 845-485-4200
    I will be anxiously awaiting your call.Or maybe i should grow a beard i think it would come in quicker than the phone would ring.
    John Parker
    Taconic/New York Snow Pros