1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New here

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by koda, Dec 16, 2009.

1. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

I am new here and have been browsing the threads for some time. I am going to pick up a used 28 V stainless on Friday. What should I look for for problems before I buy it? Also is 2000 a fair price for this plow? It is going on a 2001 F250 crew with a V10. Hopefully this will be a good plow. I only do my yard and a few neighbors. Any help or insight would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

welcome to the site
    "search function" is your Friend.....use it
    go to the sno-way site and download the manuals for it....they show all the directions for maintenence
    I have the same plow and had it on a 99 and now my 04 and it works awesome

3. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the welcome. I did the search but using the 28 V it didn't produce any results. Not the most computer savy so I might have messed it up. Glad to hear you like your 28 V. I just got rid of my 93 F150 with a 7.5 diamond straight all hydraulic. Hope the V works much better.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. vicnuv

vicnuv Junior Member

help some body i dont know how to remove a locator in e60 sump base!!!!! help!!!!

6. vicnuv

vicnuv Junior Member

help/.... my e60 is a trouble maker

i don't know how to remove a locator en sump base

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

My opinion , it's not a proven product like the Boss or Fisher . make sure your installer is open during events . although it is a homeowner geared type plow as far as im concerned . :nod:.

8. Deco

Deco Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Post it in the Meyer thread.

10. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

It is a 28V ser # 1019XX with DP. But you probably already know that. I am only using it in a homeowner type application. Thanks for the welcome.

11. bad69bird

bad69bird Member

Welcome to the site!

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A 28V is about as much of a "homeowner" geared plow as your 9.2 Boss and has been around virtually as long. They may only be "unproven" to you if you've never owed one but that hardly makes them unproven. In fact if you look around the forums they're very well proven and you'll have a tough time finding an owner who was dissatisfied with theirs.

Perhaps you have them confused with the newer Mega V's...

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:confused: its been around longer then the 92XT or the EZ-V how is it not a proven unit.

You can use it for any application. I used one commercially for years as do many members on the site. Here is the link to the owners manual http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100969b.pdf

and the parts manual
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Updates/97100973g.pdf

OR perhaps he's just confused:laughing:

Koda ignore Deco, He is just trolling me, I don't know why he thinks if he makes a bunch of negative posts about quality products he'll get me mad, but it goes with the threatening PMs he's been sending. He's been booted from the site under two other names (monsterplow and XT92) I'm guessing he's trying for number three.:D

14. Deco

Deco Senior Member

bash is just doing his job . after all , he does sell them . i dont think he will mention any thing negative about the blade . but , the boss V came out in late 1984 ....not last year (mega V) .my partner HAD nothing but problems lwith his . JMO

troll

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site. What part of the state are you in? That plow will be more than perfect for you. There isn't much Sno-Way support in Maine, but there is plenty of help to be found on this site. Post some pics once you have it.

16. koda

koda Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi,

I am in the Lincoln area and there is a new sno-way dealer in Lincoln. Works out well for me but they are new to it and they admit that they are learning as the go. I am going to pick up the plow tomorrow and order the truckside hardware. Hopefully I will have the plow all installed by early next week.

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Listen to Basher Koda. He would offer you assistance even if he wasn't a Sno-Way dealer.

Basher you left out Santo, sounds like he is working on #4. :dizzy:

18. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

flip the plow on its face and check the frame for cracks. i bought my 28v a year old from a guy and there was a crack in the a-frame. I didn't know it at the time though. Also my cylinder was leaking and the DP would cycle when activated. The other thing to check the seal is lift the blade up in the air, mine would droop down to the ground in a matter of a few seconds. I didn't know that either when I bought it since the guy had removed the plow from the truck completely before I got there.

Dealer support sucks around here, they ripped me off big time fixing my cylinder and the crack in the frame. If I wanted a half ass job I could have just got wasted drunk and fixed it myself in the same manner. We did just get a new local dealer but I've yet to bring it in since its been relatively problem free for 1yr+ of abuse i've been running it.

Its a good unit, but i'm looking at replacing it with a boss. I don't like the flat-front in the v, when we're clearing driveways and lots its not a big deal as speed increases the snow doesn't get hung up as much, however when we're clearing along garage doors the snow doesn't roll off and falls off the edge and requires a second pass with an empty blade to clean everything up.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I replaced the center rubber piece with a steel one. Much better.
    I have been using my 28V (Lobo) for 5 years of commercial use and it has performed great.
    Deco is just a troll with nothing better to do with his time other then talk crap about Sno-Way JMO

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Basher is the resident Sno-Way expert. Listen to what he has to say. Considering you are about 600 miles, he has very little $$interest$$ in you and your plow setup.