1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

(new here) putting together a plow.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by follick, May 18, 2011.

1. follick

follick Junior Member

i was givien a western 7 foot blade, a-frame, mount, lights, and pump. im trying to put it all together, everything works, it has a isramatic mark 3 pump, the cable operated one, but im putting it on my 2006 silverado. i was curious if i could swap out the cable operated pump for a electronic one, since i am only doing my driveway and a couple houses around me. figured it would be easier and alot cleaner of an install if i could do the electric one. and some new lights, does anyone know what pump i could use? and wiring for it and the lights. or where to even start looking, maybe some part numbers? thanks in advance!

2. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

depends on how much money you want to get into. i have both pumps and i have to say but the mark 3 is by far the most dependable but you can find the electronic pump out there then you have to buy the wiring harness and controler. check ebay for the pumps and wiring harness.

3. follick

follick Junior Member

True but i dont have the cables or the joystick for them. and this is a 2006 silverado so i wasnt sure how hard it would be to do a cable pump. couldnt i get a meyer pump and harness? or any electric pump and harness i can find?

4. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

ya you could go with a meyers pump. have you done anything with the frame yet?

5. follick

follick Junior Member

The plow frame or the lift pump frame?

6. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

yes the part that goes on the truck