1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New here! Can anyone help identify this OLD truck-mounted blower?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kurtis.bidheavy, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kurtis.bidheavy

kurtis.bidheavy Junior Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the snow removal side of heavy equipment, and I've ran into a machine that's left me stumped even after quite a bit of research. If anyone has any information on this snow blower truck, I would be very grateful. He's wanting to sell this eventually but I told him we'd need a lot more information to do so.

All the info (and I mean ALL) I have on the machine:

-1968 Ford truck w/ automatic trans
    -Front engine (gas) runs the truck, back engine (diesel) runs the blower
    -Possibly some kind of old airport snow removal truck?

Here's an imgur album with the pictures he sent me: http://imgur.com/a/vZZ2O

I've searched high and low via Google to try to even find a similar machine, but no luck. I found this forum and thought if anyone would be able to help, this would be the place.

Thanks for taking the time to read! :help: :help: :help:

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

3. kurtis.bidheavy

Oh wow, that is quite helpful. Thank you for the link as well. Would you think the blower is a lot newer than the truck it's on? Is it common to have a separate engine to run the blower?

4. kimber750

Truck mount blowers have been around for a long time. Now I don't know a lot about them but most of the ones I have seen on trucks do have a separate "power pack" to operate the blower, pretty much a big hydraulic pump.

5. kurtis.bidheavy

You've been a lot of help, I really appreciate it. I'm going to contact the guys at Sno-Go and see if they can narrow it down for me.

Thumbs Up

6. kimber750

If you go to that link I posted you can search for local dealers.

7. kurtis.bidheavy

Yep, luckily there's a dealer right down the road from me!

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

it is fashioned after a sicard, a drive engine and an acc engine

9. kurtis.bidheavy

I ended up contacting a few SnoGo dealers. None of them had ever seen a SnoGo blower this old, unfortunately. The best answer I could get on it was this:

"She’s an old one for sure! It is not a MP-3D that I can say. It might be an old model MTR as I have seen some of those in the north woods behind barns and this one looks a lot like them. But it is definitely a production model from before any of us were around."

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What a beast!

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It sure would have been nice if they scraped or sanded off the flaking paint before they sprayed on the white.
    http://i.imgur.com/vQyOMvP.jpg

does it work and is it in good repair?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  12. kurtis.bidheavy

Both the truck and blower start and run pretty well. Much better than expected actually. Not sure when the white paint went on but I agree that it looks very sloppy