1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New here and need some advice.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plow/truck, Feb 6, 2007.

1. plow/truck

plow/truck Member

Hello everyone from New Mexico.
    I’m looking to upgrade our plow rig. I currently have a Western Pro Plow on a ’73 Ford F250 4wd long bed. It’s a great running truck, but it’s a nightmare to drive, because it’s so long & has no power steering plus it’s a 5 speed.
    This truck belongs to the community (I’m currently President) and we are considering putting power steering on our truck, or getting something different.

We have an opportunity to get a ’96 Ford Bronco for a decent t price but Western doesn’t list a mount for our plow on it. Is the bronco not a very good plow rig? We plow a small community 40 homes and do the driveways too.
    If the Bronco is not good choice what is?
    Thanks,
    Dean

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I would say you'll have more dependability with a 96 over a 73, though they made trucks like tanks back then! As for the Bronco question... many of us have run short wheelbase pickups & Tahoes. I don't have a bad thing to say about that size truck -- think about it, it's on a 1/2 ton platform, you get a short wheelbase great for driveways. Not being a Western guy, I can't answer about the mounting system. Most installers are pretty good about making things work with any vehicles. Good luck!

~Kevin