1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New help pricing in dayton oh

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bestbuy143, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Bestbuy143

Bestbuy143 Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a 60,000 foot lot with the lanes, shape like a box with two lane off it. I price 240 push salt 120. My math 12- 17 bags of salt I use the standard 600 lbs of salt per acre. How bad a off the price. is it

2. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

I am going to assume this is a super easy lot with no islands, weird landscaping obstacles, poor stacking locations, or apparently any sidewalks since you didnt post a picture. That being said it sounds a little high. In my area the plowing would be around $170 and the salt $135.

3. Bestbuy143

Bestbuy143 Junior Member
    from ohio

thanks I got the lot but after they got there bill all the events, they pay it no question ask. no contract. I learn my lesson on that. i got a call today they said brought a truck to do it to do with no salt spreader. call me if they need me. I just don't know what I doing wrong place a bid on 80000 with islands and shape crazy 300 for plow 230 salt. plow was low by 20 salt was high 30 or 50. 22 bags. est to by salt standards

Thanks for the help