1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new hear couple ?'s

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mee1777, Sep 18, 2003.

1. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

I recently i bought a 2002 left over dodge ram 2500 24v cummins 4x4...
    i really want a plow for it but do not want to purches new.I cant see spending 3 to 4k on a plow im not really ganna make to much money on...
    my ? is i found a nice 2002 Fisher ez-v for sale for 2100$...the hard part is the mounting brackets are for a ford f350...
    What will i need to fit the plow on my truck..? I think all i need is
    undercarrige
    wirring
    controls..
    And the big ? is how much will the stuff i need be?
    Is this plow worth the money he is asking..
    ooo and this is by far the best web site i have found for this stuff ...
    thanks in advance
    Allen Y

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  2. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

anyone????

3. Santo

Santo Banned

Someone will be with you shortly , all the Ram heads are probably still eating din-din.

4. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I know that I can buy a new Fisher plow for @$3500 installed so I don't know if the used one for $2100 is such a great deal once you figure in wiring and mounting kit if you need it. Just a thought.

5. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

ok cool .. thanks guys..
    so you dont think its worth it huh?
    damn
    i really want a v plow for some odd reason i just thiink there sweet:p
    o ya i have a bid on a undercarige for a dodge on ebay but itsfor a 2001 .. and are the undercariges the same for straight blade and v blade?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  6. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

My bad I didn't catch the V-blade part. The straigh blade is $3500 the V is like 500-1000 more I believe. Sorry about the confusion.

7. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

A v-plow usually cost $500 more than straight blade. The typical price for a new Fisher 8.5' EZ-V would be around $3900-$4400 installed.

If you plan on buying it, you would need new undercarriage and wiring harnesses. I am pretty sure you can still use the same control stick. I am not sure, but is there difference in width of headgear for each specific truck? It could be something you would have to look into too.

If undercarriage and wiring harnesses is all you need, then for $2100 for one year old plow, it is not a bad deal.

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Is that an 8'6" or 9'6"? Coming off an F350 I'd suspect it could be either. But going on a 2500, I think the 9'6" might be too heavy. I think you'll also need to get new push plates for your Dodge. Anyway, $2100 for a two year old 8'6" V plow is a good deal unless it's really been abused. I looked to see where you're from. I'd be tempted to make a run down there if I could see a picture first.

9. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

its an 8'6" i called the guy and hes ganna call me back.. i left a message....
    so should i keep the bid on the 2001 fisher under carrige on ebay... also the undercarrige comes with a harrness but its for a staight blade ..
    also does anyone no how much a harnes and undercarrige goes for at the dealer..

10. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

anyone?

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

That truck will carry a big V-blade no problem.It has a 5200 lb front axle,same as the 1 ton.

You may want to look into upgrading the front springs to a 048\049,and adding a set of Timbrens.

If you can get a good deal on the plow,and the mounting kit off e-bay,then go for it.The harnesses are different though for the v-blade vs straight blade.I wouldn't spend more than $2500.00-3000.00 on a used one though,anymore and I'd go new.

I wouldn't worry about spending to much money on a plow.If you use it correctly it will make you back many times more. payup

and....Welcome to Plowsite.

:waving:

12. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

cool thanks ... everyone. the only real problem i have is the harness for the controls lights and such... will i be able to use anything from the ford or will i have to buy everything new.. how much do you guys think it would be for just a harness.thanks
    Allen

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

The harness will not work without modifying it as your new truck has ground side switching headlamps.

14. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

can you elaberate on this.. i was planning on buying a new harnessfor the plow and the lights..
    can i use the same isolation modlue from the ford
    thanks allen

15. wyldman

wyldman Member

The Ford has positive switched headlamps.The headlamp switch powers the headlamps,and they are grounded all the time.

The Dodge uses power to the headlamps all the time,and the headlamp switch grounds them.Totally different setup.

It can be done with a few extra relays,but if either truck has DRL,it gets even more complicated.

16. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

ok thanks
    i under stand the whole switching grounds deal .. im just gannabuy a new harness from fisher i think.. but i have one last ? for ya can i use the same isolation mudlue our do i needs a new one..

17. wyldman

wyldman Member

That question I can't answer for you,but your dealer should be able to when you go to order the harness.

18. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

mee1777,

You can use the wiring system from the Ford if it is a Isolation module. The Fords and Dodges use the same kit. If you go to www.fisherplows.com and type 8436 in the search box. go to page 11. All you need to do is swap 2 wires on each end( yellow and blue on the module end and orange and blue on the headlight end) of the harnesses depending on if you have a HB-1 or an HB-5. Also as far as high side or low side drive on the #1 harness (it is labeled) there are a couple fuses and a " Configuration plug" this plug can be configured to high or low side drive by taking the wire and keeping the wire in the center position and the other end is inserted into position A for low side and position C for high side. hope this helps. As far as the Frame plates go you will need a new set and list for around $443.00.

19. mee1777

mee1777 Junior Member
    from Ct

thank a bunch...
    i just called my local dealer and they told me it would be near imbossible to put the fisher v plow on a 2500 dodge.. that doesnt seem rite to me does it
    allen

20. wyldman

wyldman Member

They may not want to mount it as with a full load of passengers,and the plow on,you'll be way over your FAWR.Find a dealer who will mount the V,it will carry it no problem.Go with the 9.5 ft.The 8.5 is a little small.