1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New HD75 put to the test

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by stotts1, Dec 16, 2010.

1. stotts1

stotts1 Member

So early saturday morning i drove to Kaffenbarger in columbus and bought this plow. drove home that afternoon and began to install it, finished the job sunday morning and put her to work first thing monday.
    I have to say the install was time pretty easy and every thing works great! there is a small amount of fluid that has dripped off of the plow. not sure if the lines are loose or if its just excess fluid. also the red light blinks on the controller but buyers has issued a service bulletin and even a free piece for the fix!
    today we got hit with around 6in during the morning hours and i subbed a little after my route was done. a full 12 hour day of plowing and im beat. will try to post some pics soon just need to rest now. hope im not speaking too soon but i am very impressed with this plow!Thumbs Up

2. stotts1

stotts1 Member

plow pics

very happy with the plow's performance although i should have went with a bigger size!
    please send more snow, going stir crazy!:eek: and my beer supply is slowly disappearing:help:

newsnowdogg1.jpg

central.jpg

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks great, I like how the blade hieght on the HD is a little shorter than the EX, For me I think My EX is just a bit too tall

4. stotts1

stotts1 Member

thanks man! keep thinking I should have went with an EX but it is what it is Thumbs Up
    Although if i get a second truck together it may get the HD and put an EX on this truck :salute:

5. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Looks great. The red light goes off if you turn the power off and back on again. I feel like My HD75 is taller than any of my other plows I have used. I plan on getting the wings for mine, they add 2 feet. I like mine a lot too. couple of little issues but nothing to worry about.

6. stotts1

stotts1 Member

7. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Let me ask you, do you feel like the headlights are too high? I think I am going to lower mine.

8. stotts1

stotts1 Member

nah, at first look maybe but now i kinda like them there. are they in your way or do you just not like the :alien: look?

9. djtidbit

djtidbit Junior Member
    from 60515

what are those two brackets on the top backside of the plow for?

10. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I feel like they obstruct my view a little, I am going to lower them down one notch. and try it out. Are those shipping brackets sticking up over your plow?

11. stotts1

stotts1 Member

djtidbit, they are shipping brackets that i haven't taken off yet for some unknown reason:confused:
    BMAN1, maybe just a touch, i need to take em off but you know how that is:dizzy:

12. deere615

yep, no worries there is times i think I should have went with the HD. We chose what we chose for a reason I guess!

13. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Where's your snowdeflector ?

14. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Prolly the same place mine is...... My deflector didnt last through the first night. Started stacking and the darn thing broke within about 2 hours. I see where it would be nice for runways or roads but parking lots stacking snow it aint gonna last.

15. stotts1

stotts1 Member

actually, I didn't get one. wasn't sure if they all came with one or if it was an extra. maybe I should call about that huh?

16. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

They all come with one.

17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

18. Dchambers1

Dchambers1 Junior Member

Looks great...that sucks about the deflector. I just had my EX80 installed on my 2500 and was wondering if you need any ballast in your bed?

19. deere615

Yeah yours should have a deflector.

Yes you shouldhave ballast- I usually have salt in the beds of both my trucks so thats my ballast

20. stotts1

stotts1 Member

hey thanks! i was wondering about those but didnt know how they would work if i got wings