1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New HD75 Any Tips On Install

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Antlerart06, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My buddy was needing new plow and I got him a HD75 Start on the install today Be my first SnowDogg mounting I have done western, boss,Coats
    Mounting it on a 2000 3/4 Chevy crewcab
    Going try take pics as I install it

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I can't comment on that truck but the mount was very straight forward for my truck as was the wiring. Very simple install.

3. Antlerart06

Figure will be simple but I thought would ask

4. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

There really is no tips on this one, GMs bolt up pretty easy. Sometimes you have to make a hole or two. Just measure twice as the rule goes. You'll prolly get the left side and right side turn signals mixed up so just check before you tuck away all the wiring nice and tidy.

5. Antlerart06

Well hit died end
    Well they Sent wrong truck mount
    I told them right Look it up on web site before I order it
    I can see why its easy to mess it up Snowdogg is mess up So I have wait till tomorrow to call get it straighten out

Tell me what truck mount I need for
    2000 Chevy 2500 crew cab 5.7 8 ft box

6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

New body style or the classic one?

Figuring it is a classic since you have the 5.7 in it (does it look like my picture?)

Truck Mount: 16062130 GM '88-'00 CLASSIC

If you're the New Body Style

Truck Mount: 16062150 GM 2500/3500 '99-'10

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. Antlerart06

This what they sent I told them 5.7 classic Now just have wait 3-4 days Bought from CPW

8. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

I've been hearing that quite often now a days. I hope they straighten it out and you get the correct one. Hopefully for the weekend. Good luck!

9. Antlerart06

Well it wasnt snowdogg it was dealer but it was fix have wait now on truck mounts but going do the wireing and the plow side
    I should caught it but I thought dealer had different thing then Snowdogg site
    Key word is 5.7 motor should been known as the old truck style It can happen to anybody
    Think who at fault is GM for building 2 different frames in 99to 2000

10. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

The engine is the clue, but the dealer should know better. Especially if you're shipping something out so far.

11. Antlerart06

I hate GM man there no room for anything Fords are easyer to mount
    This Chevy have to drill hole in the firewall Pretty much got wire ran still waiting on the right truck brackets Think tonite will put blade side together have it ready to hook up