1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Harness needed or not

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DIRISHMAN, Dec 6, 2010.

1. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I have a unimount 7.6 straight blade and am going to buy this guys older unimount vee plow. Can I just plug in and go or do I need to get a New wire harness for it to work???? Thanks for any Help :D

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you will need a new main harness. the v plow plug is different. there is an adaptor i believe, but i don't think you will find one.

3. DIRISHMAN

Hey thanks alot for all the info I appreciate it alot now I hope I can get another harness for this thing now I hope its worth the 2,400 this guy wants for it???

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You will need a new control harness as No-Lead mentioned P/N 66790, also a new set of Battery wires as the V plow has an extra wire for the control coils on the plow P/N 66623 .

You will also need a V controller if the new plow does not come with one.

If you want to retain the use of your straight blade with your new V plow wiring you can use adaptor P/N 66670 , it will let you use a handheld or joystick straight blade controller with the V plow wiring.

HTH

TOM

5. DIRISHMAN

thanks alot for the info Might you know or have a rough guess on the cost to do this. Also do you think 2400 is to much for as this is just the pump and plow no wires or controler??? Am I wastin my time with this????? :confused:

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

To buy everything new , probably around $450-$550 for the harness , battery wires and controller . Maybe more , maybe less if you can score a deal on this board with some used stuff.

If I look hard enough I might have a V harness and battery wires , but I do not have a controller as my last one left last week.

I still think you would be O.K with the plow , if it is what you want.

Let me know if you want me to check on the wiring for you.

TOM

7. DIRISHMAN

Hey Tom and eveyone else on here thanks for all the great info and I wiil let you know via a pm on as to what is going on.One more thing how were these plows ??? just ok or realy good for being a unimount????Thumbs Up