1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Hankook Dynapro AT's on my 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JustinD, Dec 22, 2010.

1. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I recently got some new tires, 285-70-17's Hankook Dynapro At's I can honestly say they are the best tire I have ever had as far as snow traction, with my 8' Fisher hanging off the front and no weight in the body it is awesome, I can spin the tires if I try but going easy its great, I had Cooper Atr's before and those work good too but not nearly as good as these Hankooks, even after the nightmare Town Faire Tire put us through with them I still would buy another set and reccomend them to anyone for plowing.

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I loved mine, but never got to run them in the snow before I sold the truck the other day. I put about 20k miles and they didn't hardly look worn... MUCH better than the GY Wrangler Silent Armors.

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Had some on my Tundra but also sold it without too many miles on them. Ordering a set for my Tacoma next week and those should get a true test. I was impressed while I had them on the Tundra.

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I bought a set last week and i love them. Never had a tire handle snow so well. price was reasonable too.

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ive yet to plow with mine but well tell u monday pushing 12 + inches.

6. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I just got new shoes for my 2007 2500 and went with destinations at 285 75 16 and they work very well in the snow plus they make the the truck look good way better then the donuts that come on them merry christmas everyone
    :drinkup:

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Those Hankook AT's are by far my favorite all around truck tire. I let a brand new set of 285's go on a truck I sold and still kick myself for it. The LT's in an "E" ride so great you'd never know they were a heavy duty truck tire.

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the AT or the ATM? It doesn't show the AT in more then one size?

9. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

It says ATm on the tire, I plowed mostly in 2wd with them great plowing tire!! I highly reccomend them to anyone

10. brad96z28

Mine worked great! best tire I have used so far!!

11. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I found the downside to this tire. White letters only on the size I need. That would be a pain to rotate on the dually,

12. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I had ATm's for two years & 55k miles. First winter they were excellent, much better than the oem Bridgestones. Second winter with 30k miles they were NFG. This year I put on Hercules Terra Trac AT's and they've been amazing so far. Plowed 18" no problem and pulled 11k trailer in 12" unplowed roads. I'll see how long these last and decide which I like better.

13. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have cooper discoverers 265s on my 2500HD and they work well for me

14. brad96z28

Exactly why I buy new tires every year just before plowing season.

15. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

Yes, I will be doing the same from now on.

16. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

17. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

18. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

JustinD - I like the tread pattern - semi agressive - very nice selection

:)

19. brad96z28