1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new hampshire members with cb's

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nhglock17, Mar 13, 2007.

1. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

Hello all David from Milford here,I was juts wondering how many other members from NH have Cb's in their trcuks.and what you handle is? mine is nhglock:waving:

2. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Hi David,
    I have a CB in the truck and a base unit at the house (Nashua). I go by RoadMaster.

Eric

3. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

hello eric

Hey there Eric, My handle is racefan, on the radio, I think I have heard your handle Iam on chan 19 on am and Chan 38 on lsb,do you also have sideband?

4. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I have side band on my base unit.. I haven't been on since the winter, I mostly use it when plowing...

The guys on ch 19 are always fighting so most times I will just sandbag till I'm bord...

5. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

re cb

COooolllll I bought my mobilel unit in feb, a cobra 25ltd and a wilson 1000 att.Mybase radio is a cobra 142gtl that has been worked on more power ect and has a d104 mic and a tram att.40 am 40lsb and 40 usb.I have talked with many people, seems like the smaller towns ect like milford/ wilton have more radios, than in the cities.

6. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

hey Eric /roadmaster

Hey Eric I shouted out to Roadmaster Wed afternoon around 3 And a guy said go ahead you have roadmaster twice than nothing was that you??? David aka racefan

7. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

No, not me .. I don't get out of work untill 4:30/5:00..

Sounds like I might need a new handle it there are two of us :dizzy:

8. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

ok cool

Ok I though t I would ask,maybe the guys was just screwing around,I thought I would check,By the way are you going to the Mass GTg?

9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Looks like I should run a CB during storms at least. What channel are you guys using during storms 19 and 38?:rolleyes:

10. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

re cb raiod ect

Hello there Yaz.I am on chan 19 much of time especially during storms,I also have a base unit with sideband sometimes Iam on Chan 19 am and somemtimes chan 38lsb

11. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

No wasn't going to the gtg

12. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Also if you get a cb with a weather band you can keep your self updated when your out plowing.

I use ch. 19 in the nashua area..

13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have too much crap mounted in the cab now. I like to keep it simple. I have see about a hand held. Any body got a used one?

I can see it now all this in my hands... coffee, joy stick, shifter, cell phone and now CB.. :dizzy:

14. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

dont forget a scanner lol

Well all I have is my remote control unit for my sno way.my cb radio, sand I bring my scanner along with me listent to my twon dpw and local police and fire,

15. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Well I still need to put it in the truck but My handle is streetfrog. The original not the imposter. Been mine for about 20 yrs now.lol... and my Name is Ken

I will let you know when I have my 2510 in my truck.

16. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

10-4 Ken let us know when your up and running

17. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I will. Probably a couple of weeks still. Need to redo my mike, get a new antenna and find the time to properly install everything. I always do a prof. job on my installations. Cant stand sloppy work , installs, or wires hanging flopping etc everywhere.lol Guess I'm just anal like that. Been a mechanic since I was little.

18. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I can relate to that, after I got my plow installed by an installer I had to redo some of the wireing because it looked to sloppy :dizzy:

19. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

That's why I do all my own work. Ive been a mechanic for over 20 yrs now and I'm anal about how I do things. Like I solder every electrical connection never use "butt" connectors. The "butt" connector is just a nice way to say sh%&ty !:rolleyes:

20. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Has anyone heaRD of a johnson 124 cb radio? any thoughts?