1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Hampshire driveways

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by earl964, Dec 6, 2007.

1. earl964

earl964 Member

Can some one tell me what to charge for an average two car wide by 40' straight driveway
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm doing $30 for similar driveways up to 9" of snow, 1.5 times that up to 18", and double for 18+

I'll add $5 to any place I have to get out (ie: shovel). I also round up to the nearest 5 (so a driveway & walkway cleared by plow and shovel at 12" will be $55 not 52.50).
  3. earl964

earl964 Member

I see that you are from Concord are those rates comparable to Salem
    Thanks for the quick response
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

All depends on where you are. Guys on the seacoast where the money is are getting twice what I can get here, and it's probably even cheaper up north in the sticks. A lot depends on how many people in your area doing it too. You get a million scrapheap plowtrucks working for cash under the table with no insurance like say Nashua, no habla, and it drives the prices down cause they'll do it for $10 bucks,

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I set my minimum at $35 and go up from there depending on the configuration of the driveway.
    Minimum is a straight push in and pile the snow off the back end (not many like this) My cheapest is $35 and my most expensive to date is $75 (this is a one lane driveway into a lot area belonging to a small construct. co.) The others range from $40 to $45 to $50

Additional pushes are discounted as this seems to be a good selling point for new accounts. This may change as my accounts build to the point where I can tighten my route and weed out PITA driveways or customers. By the way, this year so far I have not done any additional pushes...just the way the storms have worked out...
    I bid 2 $35 driveways for the same customer this morning (2 different addresses) and the guy called and said he had found someone cheaper...tight market out there!
  6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

yeah. i got em. my minimum is 30.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

LOL...I just now "got" your joke...! BTW I went by one of the 2 houses with the $35 driveways during the last couple of storms as it's right down my street, and when I was done plowing his were still not done and there were like 4-5 cars all jammed into the driveway...good luck!
  8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Earl, be advised.....BRIBRIUS RUNS from the NH/MA Border, Northward. If I were you, I would get out before you get in too deep. That guy crushes competitors, and eats them for breakfast.....He is a plowing giant from what I understand....
  9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

no need for plow

With all that hot air floating around N.H. the past week there shouldn't be any snow left!!LOL
  10. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Tell me about it, lol. Average is 25 - $30 and up for me. If I have to backdrag at all I add $10 automatically. 2 wide and 2 deep with a straight push thru is $25 Not many of those. Most of mine are $35 - $45. Plus I have 2 decent comm parking lots both stores. Plus I sub for 2 different guys. I get $50 an hour from 1 and 60 an hour from the other.
  11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone looking to sub with some driveways in Nashua starting almost immediately? Call me.... 494-1735

12. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

do you guys change your pricing when your driveways are dirt compared to pavement??