1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Hammer / Breaker for my 310 SJ TC John Deere

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Here are some pics of our new hammer we just picked up. Should have some frost to bust through with it in a few days. It's a 1300 ft lb NPK unit. I hope it will break some decent rock and concrete. Man the tool is expensive. I priced out an extra one and they range from $750 - $1250 plus frt and taxes. I think we will be charging by the hour and by the inch, especially in the rock. The unit set us back about $25,500 including tax and shipping. We are going to build a bracket for it so we can quick connect it to our new Bobcat A 300 as well.

jccfeb12010 012.jpg

jccfeb12010 014.jpg

jccfeb12010 016.jpg

jccfeb12010 017.jpg

jccfeb12010 020.jpg
  2. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

very nice should make you some money
  3. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

very nice hammer you have there :D
    correct me if im wrong but isnt that a big hammer for a bobcat 300?
  4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Those NPK hammers work good,I had bought a used one a few years back when I started out it was a NPK 4X,the only reason I got rid of it was the place I bought it from said it had a new seal kit in it but it was still losing nitrogen,so they took it back and bought a new MAGNUM RHB 306,it is a 1250 ft/lbs and it works great.
    I too think that that NPK would be too big for that Bobcat.
  5. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

is this for ice removal

lol jk nice on the 310
  6. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Hammer weights 1250# A300's rated at 3000# :confused:
  7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

25K?????? Holy $h!t!!!!!
  8. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I didn't believe that price tag either, Go on ebay search hydraulic hammer. The ones for the mini excavators go for 10k and the big ones like this go for 18+. Big bucks for something so small and doesn't have it's own power source. But boy do they break some concrete and stone!
  9. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

THAT should do some damage. There's day's I wish I had something that big. I have a 500 lb'er on my 250, and it is fairly hard on the arms. The fast pulsating on the lines is especially tough on the hyd. couplers. Let us know how it works on the skid if you decide to try it. :salute:
  10. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Was it 25K Canadian? Anyway, it should make you money but they can tear up a machine if used exclusively on one carrier and used a lot.

Nice unit, best of luck with it
  11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i think what he means is that the bobcat wont have the hydro flow to properly power the breaker, not necesarily how heavy it is. and the 1250lbs is impact force not weight of the breaker.

Thats a real nice unit though! have the 310 bust the concrete and use your A300 to clean up the broken pieces. do you have a grapple for it?
  12. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You can save some serious money by getting your bits made up by a forging company.A few years ago,a huge road building co. in our area got theirs built by my next door neighbor--stronger and will last longer than OEM.
  13. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I checked the weight it also weights 1250 LBS and requires 13-32 GPM to make it work. A reg flow A-300 is 20 GPM and a high flow is 37 GPM. So buy the numbers it should work great.
  14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those are slick rigs. I ran a power line for my folks two winters ago and we had to get one to bust up 18" of frost. Pretty slick. I wouldn't want to run one for 8 hours straight though.....
  15. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Thanks. Good to know. This is our first hammer so there is a learning curve for us.
  16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I also looked at the numbers and Bobcat makes a 1000ft lb breaker for the A300. It weighs 1200 lbs and requires high flow. The unit I just bought weighs about 1300 lbs not including the skid bracket that I will need to make. NPK suggests a flow rate of 13 - 32 GPM. My bobcat has 37GPM and my 310 Deere has 42 GPM. We are going to try it on the deere for now and see how it goes. We decided to go with a hammer for the backhoe instead of the skid mainly because we thought the Backhoe would get more use because of the reach. Now if it can work it out on the Bobcat in tight situations,such as in buildings that would be great. A local builder needs to dig some trenches and the frost is 3 - 5 feet thick in some spots. He has a 550 ft lb on his CAT skid steer and it doesn't have enough kick. Because we have so little snow the frost is crazy deep this year.
  17. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

$22,600 + tax.... The Canadian Gov't likes their 13%...
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

When the HST comes you'll get all of your tax back.:redbounce Very nice 310 and hammer.:drinkup:
  19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Best thing I did last year was buy a 500# hammer for my mini. I can do so much with it. Kept me working all year with misc projects. Now I bail out buddies that don't have them. Works great! Mine isn't as large as yours but it will still do the job, just takes a little more time.
  20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I really don't think your hammer has enough ass for 5' of frost,maybe the 3' with a little time.You definitely need to establish a face ASAP and work off that face continuosly.That amount of frost after a while gets to you.Certainly not fun,I'd rather be hammering rock any day.I'd use that 892 of yours with a narrow bucket to hump out material.