1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New H.O.A. wants me to bid. Need some help please.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Loni1113, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

I have a new neighborhood looking for a bid. They want one price for just the private streets and parking. They want another price for the streets/parking/and sidewalks. Then a third price for the streets/parking/sidewalks/driveways. All of the prices should be seasonal and including salt. Any help would be appreciated...... The total distance for the circle road is .20 miles. The sidewalks are only on the inside block of the image.

neighborhood.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Figure by time

I would figure how much time each individual drive would take you. Say each drive would take 5 minutes, multiple by the total, and figure out what you'd like to make per hour. As far as the road, this shouldn't take long. I'd drive it out at plow speed, and multiple by 4 for 4 total passes. Once again figure the time.

Remember that you'd want to do the walks first, then the roads, and finally the drives.

Hopefully, you know enough to use the proper equipment.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

how much snow do they get?

4. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

well the average here is roughly 50-51 inch's a year. So at a 2 inch trigger we would be contracting for 25 push's.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Where are you going to push the snow? Do you have the equipment to move snow around? that place needs vees, buckets or expandable wings. Are you going to have to haul it away?

If you don't do the drives who will? you want it all or nothing. There's no good place to put snow when doing the drives but the street. outside driveway guys will just cause you problems keeping the streets and sidewalks clean.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  6. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

Well a friend of mine lives in the neighborhood, and the last 2 years the HOA decided against having the drives done and left that to the home owners to do. I really think this year will be the same. But they want me to bid it with all 3 options anyway. I only have 1 truck right now. I have an atv and also a skidsteer. (though I have never used the skid for snow removal before). Am I getting to in over my head on this job? If they decided on just the walks and street is this something I could do with the equipment I have?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ask yourself, Where am I going to put the snow? from what i can see there's no where. That means you have tomove it somewhere. how are you going to do it?

8. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

From the entrance to the place on the bottom of the pic, everything on the left side all the way back is the only place to put it. The bottom left corner is actually a retaining pond that has a drain at the bottom. And in the back left is the only other place to put it really

9. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

if you get all 3 pieces working you could do it just fine

10. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

Now they are saying they only need me to bid the streets and sidewalks. I am thinking the streets will onlyt take about a half an hour roughly. And the few sidewalks will take about an hour at most. Is bidding this job at 180 per push with a 2 inch trigger to high or is that a good figure?

11. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

In my market you'd be way high. But pricing is VERY regional.