1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PLC1985, Jan 20, 2010.

1. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Hey guys new to posting but not to the site. This is my 4th winter plowing and being on this site so i figured i'd share some info and pics w/ everyone whose been answering all my questions. I have a full time job so plowing is on the side for now till someday hopefully but i do a few commercial sites in town and 2 appartment complexes. I used to do about 25 residentials but gave them up when i started not working for a seasonal company anymore last year. I'd rather stay in the commercial end of things anyway. But heres my truck 2001 F250 w/ a Boss Superduty 8' (wings coming soon) and a 8' Henderson steel sander . What do ya think.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the Ford/Boss club.

Nice dowsing stick.
  3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

looks good ford and a red plow
  4. 05Duramax073

05Duramax073 Member

Looks like a nice setup. Commercial is preferable, but if you can mix in a few resi's you can get some extra profit if all you do is push. I mix in a couple just for that. Takes me 5-10 minutes and get 35-50 per drive. Only do 5 driveways. But it helps in the pocket book.
  5. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I like that the plow corner guide is pointing down
  6. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. Ya i like the ford/red plow combo real happy w/ everything. The sander is new to me this year. I did alot of work on it to get it in that condition it was pretty beat. Heres a pic of my homemade control box, couldn't see spending 250 for the henderson box from the dealer. The pic was after pullin everythin outta storage...i had the guide markers folded down to fit the plow under a bench. The drives are good like ya say for the extra bucks but i just dont have time w/ work...i gotta be to work for 6 am on snowdays to plow the whole cemetery so i'd rather the less headaches of people calling cuz they gotta always go get milk and dog food when theres 6" on the gound.

The switchbox i made controls everything push botton and top 3 switches for the sander and the bottom 3 are plow headlights stobes and aux. reverse lights. sorry for the crap cell phone pic

switch box.jpg