1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PlowCow, Dec 5, 2009.

1. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Hi everyone, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks soaking in all the information I can on snow removal. I am a used car dealer (I know) in northwest Missouri. For the past few years I have been waiting to trade for a good plow vehicle with the intention of using it on the car lot and some personal use. A month ago I took a '93 Bronco in on trade which should work just fine. Picked up an old Meyer a couple days ago and need to wire and plumb it and it should be ready to go. I wanted this this for personal use only, but in the two days of owning the blade I have been approached with 7 residentials and 3 businesses if I want them. I told them I might need to get it installed, see if it works (supposed to), and learn how to run it first.

Snow Plowing.... yet another 'hobby' I seem to be immersing myself in.

Looking forward to learning all I can from this site!

2. ScottPA

ScottPA Senior Member
    from PA

Used car dealer, Yuck! And yes I would like to see the carfax!! :nod:
    Welcome to plowsite.

3. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Just cutting my teeth on this venture so I haven't figured out how to shyster anyone yet.

Carfax :rolleyes:

4. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

"why do you need a carfax? I have a note from the previous owner." haha Welcome to plow site

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Here ya go, here's the carfox.

carfox.jpg

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site
    Insurance for plowing yet??

Where in MO?
    I am looking for another truck

7. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

I haven`t checked into insurance as I am unsure if I will be taking on outside jobs. I am in Maryville, what are you looking for?

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Anytime you get paid for plowing you need insurance
    looking for a 99-04 Ranger 4X4 ext cab 4.0 with A/T (not to plow with, just a daily driver)

9. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Don't have any Rangers right now, although we usually have one like you are looking for.

I do 3/4s, mostly Duramax's and Cummins.

10. plow4life

plow4life Junior Member
    from MO

did you get your meyer hangin' on the bronco for the big storm? curious to know how it worked out with all that snow you guys got.

11. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

I've got it hung and getting the hang of it. We got plastered yesterday and it drifted overnight. Nothin' fancy and definitely not pretty but it works like a champ and gets the job done!

12. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

Factory rust package and all.

S5009478.JPG

13. plow4life

plow4life Junior Member
    from MO

that looks like a pretty good setup you got there. you at archer's? you don't have much ground to cover if you're just doing the car lot. i know i wouldn't want to plow around any of those trucks you've got there. you guys have got some nice ones.

14. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fix the headger.

15. PlowCow

PlowCow Junior Member
    from Midwest

I slapped this thing on before this storm hit. I am going to work it until things don't need cleared and then address the fitment.