1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Lawn&Snow, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

Just wanted to say hi and say what a great site this is there is so much good information!! Im a senior in high school and this will be my first year plowing. i was on the shovel crew last year and wanted to plow this year and they had a spot for me so im exited to be able to plow! Hope you all have a great winter! :)

2. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

Weclome to P.S!! Good luck this winter!!

3. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

Thank You! I see you are in Maple Grove im like 5 miles from you in Champlin.

4. F350plowing

Cool. who are you plowing for this year?

5. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

Northwest Landscape

6. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

Welcome and good luck, be careful out there.

7. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

Thanks Jim! Im going to be careful im a little nervous about the first time because i haven't do it before not 100% sure what to do, where to put snow etc. but i guess i will learn like everyone else did at sometime.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome and just ask the boss any questions you have.

9. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I agree, if you don't know, ask, it is better to find out where to push the snow, than to have to move it later, like uncovering a fire hydrant, there are no stupid questions when you are first starting out, you will be fine, everyone here was in your shoes at one time

10. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

I figured I would go look at my rout before it snows and figure out where stuff in the lots are.

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Ya, always ask. Never think that anyone will be more impressed if you just know where to put stuff and what to do, because that will backfire. I am impressed with employees that take the time to ask each question. Maybe jot down your questions ahead of time and go over it with the boss before hand so you don't leave anything out. If I had an employee that cared enough to do that, I'd give him a raise on the spot hahah.

Good luck! and the first year is always an exciting time!

12. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

We have a plow meeting on Saturday so i will ask some questions then. By the way I like your video on youtube I have watched it way to many times :)

13. merrimacmill

from MA

Haha, Thanks! Which ones have you seen? I always wonder how I possibly got 14,500 views on one of them... I'm always shocked that many people watch plow videos.

14. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

The merrimac plowing one I have watched a lot for some reason I just keep watching it im probably 75 of the 14,500 views! that's how I found this site was from the end of your video.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  15. F350plowing

i have seen that one a good handful of times as well

16. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

it's the song. look what it did for Deadliest jobs Alaskan crab fishing

17. merrimacmill

from MA

18. Lawn&Snow

Lawn&Snow Member

you look young in that! I like that one to!

19. merrimacmill

from MA

Thats not me. Thats just a guy that works for me.

20. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

nice, Did you minor in video editing. Between the vid and song so damn excited damn near went and got in the truck to go plow some gravel. No snow yet