1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RUBRMAN, Oct 21, 2009.

RUBRMAN Junior Member

First I would like to say this site is great and I have learned a lot.

I purchased an 89 Bronco with a Meyer plow last year right before the season started. My first time pushing snow. I probably went out 12 times with an average of 2-3 hours of pushing snow. After the season was over I pretty much parked the truck with the plow connected and let it sit since January. I started the truck and took it around the block maybe 2-3 times, but that's about it. My question is what maintenance should I do to the plow? I figured grease all moving parts, but I don't know if there is anything I have to do to the pump or the lines. I really appreciate any feedback.
  2. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Another one that hasn't read any of the back post or used the Search button.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Check the muffler bearings.

Check the blinker fluid and

Don't forget to change the air in your tires to winter air.

Or you can get your tires Nitronized.

Still pissed I didn't come up with that scam. :realmad: :mad:
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

drain the oil, empty the cylinders clean the filter and fill with oil. plow.

use the search function on this site, there will be many pages of info.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Try reading the Meyer forum.

RUBRMAN Junior Member

Sorry for not using the search. Thanks for the advice.
  7. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Who cares??
  8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

lol, wow, arent we a friendly bunch, oh well, i bet you learned where the search button is