1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 02dmaxx, Dec 26, 2008.

1. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

Hello all,new to the site and new to the industry. I have a question. Just bought an'84 chevy with a "fully hydraulic" plow. Can I change the pulley on the pump for a serpentine belt as opposed to the V- belt? :confused:
    Thanks in advance, Bill

2. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

You will need to get the serpentine pullys that would fit the shafts that you have. It can be done.

3. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

Where would i get the pulley? Power steering pump? Don't mean to sound stupid, But I don't know. Truck should be here tomorrow,so I can get part numbers if necessary.

4. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

http://www.applied.com/ Call them and they should be able to help you with what you need. The service locater is on the top right of the page.

5. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

K,thank you. I notice theres a pulley bolted to the harmonic balancer, probably just use that and the V-belt