1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Nov 8, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

First off, I'd like to say thanks to the people who created this forum. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

Now for the questions. I have a SnoWay 25-Series HD 7.5' plow that I'm very happy with. I've read some posts in here talking about urethane cutting edges... can someone tell me a little more about them?

Also... anyone in here using a SnoWay plow that has the "Predator Paw" (the stand for when it's off the truck)???

Thanks for all the help!

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Go here, and use the search term "urethane". Search the snow plowing discussion. There is a bunch of threads about these edges. No need to enter dates.

~Chuck Smith
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Sno-Way & Urethane edges

I just set up one of our Sno-Ways with a urethane edge. Because of the way the plow skin is retained behind the cutting edge on them I had to make some pretty heavy modifications to use urethane. I've found that once an edge gets worn down they don't backdrag worth a hoot, even with downpressure. Because of the limit on how far you can have urethane stick down past the support point I extended the front of the bottom channel 2" down. That way I can get the urethane another 2" past that, giving me 4" of edge below the channel. I also added a strip along the top of the lower channel to retain the Lexan. Now I can remove the edge without having to mess with the Lexan. Before I had to either remove the skin or clamp it in place if I was changing cutting edges.
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

What is a Sno-Way plow? Please dont tell me its that 995 special at Lowes with the clear blade...
  6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

No it's definately not $995. Yes, you can get them in clear. Mine is steel though. They have whats called a "Down-pressure system." It's all hydraulic. No bouncing plow when going over railroad tracks. It's a nice setup. http://www.snoway.com
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, thats not the one at Lowes. Looks similar, only much shorter and only 3 ribs-center and ends.
  8. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Plowing over RR tracks in a pick-up......

I'd love to see that. Although if it is one of my guys I see doing it, there will be some personnel changes coming down the pipeline.... soon.
  9. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

lol, John, I think he was referring to when the plow was UP. Most of the old chain-held plows did have a nasty bounce when going over a road bump such as RR tracks.

Of course, we're used to the Boss and even the old style, when properly adjusted, stays tucked in the up position in all road conditions.
  10. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Ya know.... I shoulda been able to figure that out myself.... go figure....

Sometimes ya just can't see the forest for the trees.