1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snowbrdr360, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Hey all, im new to the site but not by any means to plowing! I havent done it for a few years (sold the last truck) but I have the itch to get back in this year with some residential accounts. I'm looking at the Western Ultra-Mount pro 7'6", my last was a uni-mount and it never gave me any trouuble.

Next question, how hard is it to install yourself... I just cant see paying what the stealership wants for it. My truck is a 2005 Silverado 1500 Z71.

Look forward to talking to all of you, as well as the comming snow!!
  2. Northland

Northland Senior Member

If you can operate a wrench you can install a snow plow. The toughest part is the wiring and Western makes great directions. If you are mechanincally inclined at all you can do this no problem.
  3. Snowbrdr360

Great!! Thanks man!
  4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I was thinking about installing the plow myself, then I thought, for one, where am I going to put the 900lb plow when I go buy it, and 2, how am I going to take it from where ever I put it when I bought it, and put it on the ground? Call over 6 friends to move it?
  5. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Old trick

The dealer would probably put it in the back of your truck, and with the tailgate down it may just fit depending on the length of your box.

And before someone else says it, to get it out --- get some speed going in reverse then slam on the brakes! :)

4-6 guys should do it if you get some beer ready for afterwards!

Cheers, GL
  6. Snowbrdr360

It will come in on a flatbed to my office, we have a dock and skid steer with forks so that wont be a problem:dizzy:
  7. Snowbrdr360

Landed 3 contracts today and 2 as a sub payup Now where is the white stuff:confused:
  8. Added Touch

Added Touch Member

GRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is your prospecting technique???????
  9. Snowbrdr360

I've got some friends with small office lots and got those right off the bat, couple residentials, and im only taking one sub job, the other lot is just too big for a 7.5 plow:( Mainly its word of mouth, I'm known for my work around hereprsport
  10. Added Touch

Added Touch Member