1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by six o, Oct 18, 2005.

1. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

hello everyone,this is a great site and just wanted to introduce myself,i'll even try to post a pic or two.

Mvc-003s.jpg

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

Nice Truck!

3. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

thank you,here is a pic of the winch setup i did recently. i find it convenient to have it come through the rear bumper.my license plate still ataches to the outside of the roller fairleed with wingnuts making removal quick and easy.i relocated the remote plug from the winch to the spare tire access door.the only downfall is the spare tire has to ride in the bed,but atleast theres a little piece of mind of getting stuck out in the middle of a storm late at night,or someone off in a ditch.

Mvc-004s.jpg

4. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

better view with plate off.

Mvc-006s.jpg

5. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

ohhh wow thats really awesome ive never seen anything like that before or even a winch on the back bumper

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice set up with the winch and i love the truck it looks great...are those after market cab lights because theyre not the gm/chevy kind

7. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

the cab lights are original,i believe they started the lights that are single on each side and large single one in middle that had three bulbs in 03.thank you for your nice comments.

8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Thats a really neat idea. I would be concerned about rust back there though. Rust seems to like back bumpers and now you have crated some open wounds. But creative, never the less

Welcome to the site.

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty cool..:nod:

10. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

actually there was no cutting of the bumper at all,if you take the plate off there is a square hole on the factory bumper.most of the modification is in the mounting plate that the winch sets on which is mounted between the sides of the hitch, with a little modification to the hitch also for extra measure for strength.thank you for the compliments.

11. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Nice truck I always thought the GMC's looked better from the front than Chevy's, kind of classy looking or something. I believe its pretty much the same as a Chevy but seems most I know have less problems with the GMC, good luck with it. You must have run some very long and costly cables to that winch, or is it grounded to frame and one long positive ? Winch on the back makes sense for plowing as usually the front is buried and the plow is in the way !!

12. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

you are correct,ground is to the frame and one long costly 2 gauge cable all the way to front.

13. sno king

sno king Junior Member

nice

That winch would also come in handy on the boatramp, with the caravan trying to pull a 2o foot wellcraft at lowtide w/front wheel drive

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have been contiplating something like this for a long time, I have a F250 and am wondering if this is possible with my truck.. What brand winch is it ??

Any pic's from under side would help also.

Thanks, and oh yeah, awesome set up !!

15. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

i belive you would have no problem with the same set-up,ford rear bumpers also have a square hole behind your plate,not that it couldn't be cut out otherwise, its just nice not to disturb a nice chrome bumper.its a 8000lb ramsey winch,and in some cases actually wouldnt be enough lbs but i also have a snatch block that doubles the pulling power.the dodges actually would be the ones where alot more fabricating would have to be done,only because the rear bumper has a plastic center filler.like mine im sure you will have to deal with spare tire in the bed.i do know the long bed with gm would be even easier than mine because the rear crossmember is further away the bumper so you would have a little more room to play with,mine is so snug in there it almost looks like a factory option.so if yours is a long bed you may even get lucky with a little more room also.i will try to get underneath pics tomorrow for everyone to see for themselves.if there is anyone with a gm that decides they are seriously planning doing this to their own i can explain in more detail what i did step by step.doesnt look like alot to do when its done but my brother and i work on vehicles for a living and it took us a day to do using a lift.anything to help you out,because im sure someday ill need yours.

16. PeteB

PeteB Junior Member

Hey Six O, Nice truck! Also nice to see another Mainer on the board. Where in Maine are ya from?

17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have a 6' box, putting spare in bed is no problem, I hope I can make this work, I don't have a lift just a big jack and stands will have to do. what is the cost of the winch ?? oh, thanks for the pics in advance, can you e-mail them to me at fbishop@wideopenwest.com

thanks

18. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

SNO KING,

Where are you from in RI? I'm down South County way....