1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by racerx64116, Aug 1, 2016.

1. racerx64116

racerx64116 Junior Member

hello all

i have done plowing for a city Kansas city...but now that im in park city ks
    i am really looking at doing side work keeping my lil city/town safer with some great plow work.

one contrat that im after has a really terrible parking lot, rapid changes in elevation, huge pot holes and places i dont drive the wifes car. my dodge no problem.

i havent seen topics on really tough very high traffic type lots...grocery like stores. with really bad surfaces.

i will be useing a 8 lug 3/4 ton suburban ....still shopping plows boss or blizzard are top runners right now

i am new to doing this for money...but not new for doing this with a city. so some help with a plow and insite with very tough lots would be helpful

god forbid a nice ole lady cant get food or slipps and falls

yes ice control would be very much a part of my service

any thoughts?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

i havent seen topics on really tough very high traffic type lots...grocery like stores. with really bad surfaces.

What do you want to know about high traffic areas?

If it was me, I'd think about submitting a bid to fix the lot as well
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

How will U be salting
    What do U have as a back up equipment
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

You need to get a plow with a shock absorber like a western.

Place sounds like a **** hole, be prepared for secondary damages
  5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Why not plow with your Dodge, Suburban's have too mulch glass to keep clean, and spreading/loading spreader would be a PITA.

Also if the lot is hosed up take pictures of it and note the damaged areas in your bid. This could be handy at the end of the season if they want to go after you for repairs in the spring.
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If they are to cheap to repair the lot. They might be to cheap to pay for good service. You better have an attorney look at your contracts in relation to the poor condition of the lot. Some old lady breaks a hip, it may cost you.