1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by silveradobeast, Nov 13, 2011.

1. silveradobeast

silveradobeast Junior Member

hi guys new to the forum! i was wondering if you can help me out with some questions
    i have a 2000 f250 that i want to put to work! there's a guy selling a western ultra mount for my truck for $380 bucks is this a good price? also what plows work with that mount? im trying to piece everything it seem cheaper that way..
    anyways thanks!
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If I understand you correctly you are being offered just the mount for $380? That sounds a bit high to me especially if it is used. I paid about $250 for my ultra-mount for my F550. But if that is all your getting then you have a long way to go and a lot of money to spend. As far as compatibility goes any ultra-mount plow will fit physically since the mounts are all the same regardless of which model you buy. You can't run an old uni-mount and thats going to be the most common you find for sale used. What you should do is follow this link to the Western quick match page and fill in your vehicle information. They will ask the basics that you provided and some details about engine size, box length, axel weights etc and then they will offer you a list of plows that are compatible. From what I can see you can for sure install a 7.6' midweight or an 8' pro plow but that was just guessing at your engine and axels. Try it out for yourself and you will get better details. http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp