1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy with question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Cobrasmitty, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Cobrasmitty

Cobrasmitty Junior Member
    from Iowa

I'm new to posting but not lurking on this forum. My question is about the center flap on the MVPs. I recently purchased an F250 with an 8.5 MVP and the center flap and brackets were not on it. Previous owner only used it in scoop and didn't bother to tell me they were missing. After doing the research I should have done before buying I've decided to make my own. I have the brackets figured out but would like the measurements of the flap. Also, has anyone had any luck with the edges from Herculestruck? That sounds like the real answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Not sure what you mean by "center flap". Can you post a pic of what you have? I have an 8.5' MVP with flaps on both blades; nothing goes in the middle though (there's a fixed steel plate on top of the center pivot pin where the two plow blades are hinged)

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I know what you mean. the original ones are 7/8" thick, 14-1/2" long, and 3-1/4" tall except right in the middle it's 4-1/2" tall. part # for just the rubber is 63508.

4. Cobrasmitty

Cobrasmitty Junior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks guys. Seville- My blade is the older style MVP and the rubber flap catches the snow in the middle at the bottom when in V or straight positions. nealybird-I'm going to make mine out of conveyor belt from an asphalt plant. Didn't realize it was that thick. I might need to double it but it should work. I couldn't see paying Western $150 for the kit.