1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy With new to me truck.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Facemelter, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Facemelter

Facemelter Junior Member
    from Ohio

I live in Cincy,Ohio.I just saw this site from another forum im on and figured id register.My truck is-
    86 F-250 heavy 3/4.
    351 Windsor,rebuilt by me with edelbrock intake and carb.Long tubes.
    C6 trans with external cooler and external filter,electric fan.
    American racing 16x8 Outlaw II rims and Bridgestone duelers.
    Truck came with Plow (wanna say its a small sno pro) or something like that.First truck with a plow,and second truck to be 4x4.
    Paid 1400 bucks for it .You can see the plow in the bed.Its now on the front where its supposed to be.
    [​IMG]

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

welcome aboard guy:waving:

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck hope it makes you lots of money this winter

4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

How many miles on that, it looks like its in pretty good shape?

Welcome and Good Luck!

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Welcome to PS. TEAM FORD:drinkup:

6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

welcome and post up

7. Facemelter

Facemelter Junior Member
    from Ohio

I cant remember exactly but its like 76,000 miles.I had to rebuild the engine cuz the RE-RE that owned it before me forgot to plug the front timing cover dipstick hole and i guess for a while it just spewed oil all over everything from the front bumper to the back.I got it rebuilt and all cleaned up, and for as long as there was oil on the frame there isnt any rust.The cab corners are solid and the frame since i cleaned it is now black with undercoating and i will POR-15 it probly this weekend.But like i said,there isnt any rust on it from where the oil leaked.She's a pretty strong runner.The rims that are on it I just bought 2 weeks ago for 150 bucks with tires.And the new rims im buyin for it next week are these.All the center caps and the rest of the trim on the truck will be black powder coat.
    [​IMG]

8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Those rim I have exact one on my 89 F150 it 5 lugs.

That really nice truck than my uncle's old truck that was rot by salt.

Can you get pic of 351W

I am sure it plow snow good. What mpg you average now? 8-13 ?

9. Facemelter

Facemelter Junior Member
    from Ohio

I can snap a pic of the engine when i get home.Im still drivin my mustang right now,or at least till it gets a bit colder.The engine was just a basic rebuild that I did on my porch.I have a couple pics of the screw-ups from who ever the idiot was that put the lower intake on and a couple other things i had fixed.
    Dont really know about the fuel mileage yet.Have'nt drivin it that much,but i do have another edelbrock carb that I am rebuilding to see if I can get some more performance out of it.
    Dont really matter right now.Gas for me is 1.98 a gallon right now.Probly less since this morning.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  10. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Nice truck. I love those older Fords. Welcome aboard. You'll make some coin this year pushing the white stuff. I think you'll be happy with that power too.

P.S. Go BROWNS!!! LOL!!

11. Facemelter

Facemelter Junior Member
    from Ohio

BROWNS?!?!?!?
    Im in Cincinnati but I sure as hell aint reppin Bengals.