1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy with Monarch pump problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 914efi, Nov 7, 2008.

1. 914efi

914efi Junior Member
    from MA

I bought a 1986 monarch plow that I am adapting to my '66 Bronco. The pump is pretty much non-functional. Electric motor works but valves are either stuck or leaking and look like they have been messed with. I spoke to Mason Services and they can rebuild for a few hundred, and I spoke to a local supplier that can sell a new one for $800.00.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

have mason rebuild it i assume they can run test it ?
  3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

not sure what advice you are looking for?...
    but monarch makes a great pump usually it is something easy like a valve but if some one says they can rebuild or fix it for a couple hundered bucks im sure it is worth it... but keep in mind that probably isnt parts valves and coils could be expinsive
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Best darn pump you will find,

Rebuild it.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Monarch makes excellent hydraulics. Ask for a firm price on a rebuild and go for it.
  6. 914efi

914efi Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for the input. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty confident that rebuilding it was no big deal and that the worst case would be ~50% the cost of new. I plan to send it to them.