1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy with a Toro 421QR

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Exact Services, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Thought I'd introduce myself formally. I have had a Lawn & Garden Biz for 2 seasons now and this year I'm fully insured for snow removal. My ID on lawnsite.com is Exact Rototilling if you're wondering.

I missed out on last years record snowfall since I didn't have insurance. I was considering suspending my insurance this winter to save money however I thought I'd take the gamble and make a go of it. I just ordered out Toro's top of the line single stage with a NEW 5.5 Tecumseh Snow King 4 stoke.

My goals are fairly modest and conservative. I hope to pay my overhead expenses and make a little so the temptation to go to work punching a time clock over the winter will be minimized. I will be 100% solo with the possible exception of having my wife pass out flyers, biz cards etc. after an event while I'm busy snow blowing.

I know if I worked for another company to learn the ropes especially plowing that would be best . . . however my other business ties me up every Friday all day and into the evening with very few exceptions so working for the "Plow King" won't work.

No current plans for snow plowing since my Truck is an older 1985 Toyota 4x with a solid front axle with a 4 cylinder 22r. Years ago it was fairly common to see plows on these trucks back in the 80's but it's very rare to see them now. I'm sure the truck could plow to some degree in 4-low but it would be a struggle and would not be fast. Regardless I'm open to suggestions for a blade since we may move to rural property in the next year or so and I'd need it for my own driveway/road.

:waving: