1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy with a question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by northofchicago, Feb 8, 2010.

1. northofchicago

northofchicago Junior Member
    from Zion IL

Hello everyone though this winter hasn't been very good for me I have decided to get a different truck for plowing. Currently I have a 1990 full size Blazer with a 8 foot Unimount on it. I would like to get a different truck, I have a bunch to choose from as my friend has a used truck lot. Can anyone tell me using the mounts from the Blazer, what truck can I put this plow on with out modifications to the mounts.

Thank you to everyone.
  2. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

your local plow dealer has the best answer.
  3. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

good luck with no mods.
  4. T Deneen

T Deneen Junior Member

That Uni Mount Plow will fit any K series Pickup 83-87 and K series Blazers up to 91. You may need to get a new wiring harness depending on what kind of lights the replacement truck has. Watch for front end rating, it should be up around 4250GAWR or more for that size blade. Good Luck.
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

If the picture below is you mount, on the top right side will tell you what year this mount fits.

chevy/GMC light trucks 1981-87 4x4
    Blazer/Jimmy Suburban 1981-91 4x4

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010