1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy, where to buy sand/salt in Maine

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WhiteGold, Oct 13, 2004.

1. WhiteGold

WhiteGold Junior Member
    from Maine

New to the board, tons of great info! Been plowing a couple years and now have some commercial accounts that need sand/salt. Looking for a location in the Lewiston-Auburn area to buy mix in bulk. Did some last year with a tailgate sander and mixed it by hand. I'm not doing that on a full-size spreader. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you don't find any locally, contact me. I'm in Palermo. I have a couple of leads. One here and had one in Augusta. I also sell Magic Salt by the pound and can get you in contact with distributors for bulk sales.

3. WhiteGold

WhiteGold Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks Mick. I'll be sure to get in touch if I don't find it closer.

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I've seen ads for salt (loaded by the ton, and up)

The most recent add I saw was like $46.00 per ton of salt, and for a salt/sand mix, it was $15.00 per ton.

Your local concrete dealer or gravel pit will "probably" have salt in stock.

I'd ask Blue Rock Industries about it, and if they don't have it, they'd know where to get it in bulk.