1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy trying to wire up a meyer please help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by watchamakalit, Jan 10, 2004.

1. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

I bought my plow used so I am not sure on the model but the pump says electro touch on it. The problem I have is it didn't come with a manual and I thought I could figure out the wiring myself but all I can do is ask for :help: . I am at a total loss I thought that the 2 big cables coming from the pump went to the batt. but when I put them there the pump runs continous. And there is a black wire under the dash and a white wire under the hood I can't figure out. Any help would be great.
  2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Black wire under dash goes to a power fused power source.

White wire under hood goes to the switch side of a solenoid

Black large wire under hood goes to negative side of battery

Red large wire under hood goes to one side it the solenoid (does not matter which.)

You will need one more large red wire to go from the battery to the other side of the solenoid.

Good luck
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  3. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

thanks I will go give it a try. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to let you know. Once again thanks.:drinkup:
  4. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Make sure you hook all these wires to a DIFFERENT solenoid. NOT the one that is in the truck that goes to the starter! ;)
  5. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

If you still need help, you can download a free Electro Lift Service Manual and a Meyer Operation and Maintenance Manual on the Meyer website. If after that, you still need advice, call the Meyer Service Department and they'll walk you through it.
  6. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Ok here is what I accomplished tonight. I got the plow on and working...kinda. When I hit the joystick to raise and lower it works fine but when I try to angle it it just raises up more. It won't angle at all so do I have my wiring screwed up or is it a hydralic problem? I tried downloading the manual off meyer but my computer was throwing a temper tantrum so I will have to try again later. You guys have already been a world of help. I feel like I am taking advantage of you generosity (sp). Thanks to all on this site I have learned more from just reading than I expected to learn in a long time. If anyone is ever in my neck of the woods let me know and we can go grab a :drinkup:
  7. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

I read were you can't download the manual so I'll try something different.

This shows the color of each wire and were it goes. There is an orange wire
    shown but it is really white on your switch box. It goes to your solenoid that is connected to your pump motor.

White, controls solenoid to start pump motor
    Black, "A" Solenoid, when activated lowers plow
    Red, "B" Solenoid, contols whether raising plow or angle plow,when activated raises plow
    Green, "C" Solenoid, controls whether angle left or right, when activated angles right.

If you need more help you know how to reach me.

Most angleing problems are caused by the "B" solenoid. When I first got mine after sitting around a long time this solenoid often stuck. THere was a plunger that was suppose to move up when I activated the coil and it was stuck. A little tap with an allen wrench freed it up. and it would work normally until it sat all day and the stuck again. I think there was some moisture inside that it would freeze in place or something. After I took everything apart and replaced the fluid it stared to work OK. You could replace it or rebuild it. They are not hard to replace. Just get some big deep well sockets.

Really, It's not hard.

The hardest part is hitting the switches and then trying to test if the right coil is getting activated. I made up a real long test light for this. I think you can buy one but it may not be worth the money.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  8. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

thanks for the diagram and all the info. I got it working and man do I feel like an @ss :realmad: . It turns out I had a spade connector slide of one of the tabs on the joystick. So when I went to try it this morning all I had was no lift and just angle and it would even angle when I tried to lift it. Anyway it is working great now. Once again thanks to every one on here.

I think I speak for all of us when I sing the christmas carol: Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow. :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
  9. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Ok now I need help with the lights. I didn't get a switch to select plow lights or truck lights. So can I just use any old DPDT switch with it or does it need to be special? The DPDT switch I have is off in the center and on depending on which side is selected. Will this work?

P.S. Did I mention how much I appreciate the help?