1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by khamill2000, Apr 23, 2014.

1. khamill2000

khamill2000 Junior Member
    from kansas

New guy here. Just bought an 86 K30 with a dump bed. The truck looks to have been previously used as a plow truck. It looks like it has all of the vehicle side components but no plow. I would like to put a plow on it if it won't cost too much, however, I have no idea what type of plow I need to look for and was wondering if you guys could help identify what I have.

Here is the truck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm gunna guess boss

3. khamill2000

from kansas

[​IMG]found some sticker remnants that i hit with some brake cleaner and it says "Diamond".

4. dieselss

Or its a Meyer. What's the controller and pump look like

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

It's one of the original Diamond plows. Probably out of the 90s. They were a good plow before the the company was bought out by DD. I imagine they're hard to get parts for now.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds about right.

7. khamill2000

from kansas

[​IMG]

Who is DD?

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Douglas Dynamics. Otherwise known as Fisher, Western & Blizzard

9. dieselss

Meyer owns diamond not dd

10. khamill2000

from kansas

It sounds unlikely that I would be able to find the other half very easily. So are the pumps and controls known to be any good? The reason I ask is because I was given a blade and frame from a Sno Way? plow. I could probably modify it to fit if the pump and controls are good but if not, I'll probably just look for a complete plow locally.

11. anz27

anz27 Member

If you don't mind us asking, what are you planning to do with this machine? That will give us a better idea on where to steer you

12. khamill2000

from kansas

Just plowing my drive. Probably 500 feet. Might do the neighbors drive. About the same. Other than that, it's just a dump truck around the farm

13. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Sorry for the mistake. I knew Diamond got bought out, and when I saw what the new owner did to what I considered to be a fine plow I assumed it had to be DD. Now I remember what happens when I assume.