1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 03silverado, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 03silverado

03silverado Junior Member

Hi fellas and ladies. I did some searching but could not find any answers. I have a 2003 2500hd silverado 6.0 ex cab 4x4. I have a Boss straight blade. Is there a way to mount a winch and still keep the plow on. I am also running 285 75 16 Hankook mt and they do not rub at all. Can I run a 34x10.50x16 ltb super swamper without any surgery on the truck? They are appx 1 inch taller and 1 inch narrower than my current tires. The reason I ask these 2 questions is I was just stuck in the middle of no-where with my 7 year old son. Luckily my employee found us and pulled us out. It felt terrible! I do not want that to happen again. Any help would be appreciated.

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

First off, does the winch need to be placed in the front? They make winch mounts that use reese hitches to attach. Secondly, I think that you'll find those 34 x 10.50's a little big, especially with the plow on.

3. 03silverado

I would prefer the winch in front. I may have to fab my own mounts and mount the winch behind the bumper. As far as the tires go, I had even ran 295 75 16 on my truck with no rubbing. I bought my truck used in 2004 and it sits really high. It seems like it has a lift, but it is all stock. I have always ran the stock wheels. I was thinking a little taller, but narrower and they would fit.

4. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

well try em out then. Where on earth did you find 295's? They make them but boys, thats not a popular size at all lol. As for the winch, you may be able to remove the bumper and fab a mount that attaches between the bumper and frame.

5. 03silverado

I am a tire dealer. Tires are no problem. Time to fab a good looking winch mount will be hard. The shop has been extremely busy lately. Tires, repair work, and emergency repairs have been off the hook. I will try to update as I can. All recommendations are welcome.