1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new guy question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dcarr, Feb 16, 2015.

1. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

i need to know if this is normal or if i have an issue, when i push into a bank at an angle or if i try to push a big pile my blade angles itself. do they do this after so much pressure or am i having a valve issue? im not slamming into the banks but trying to make a little more room around the yard.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Normal. Supposed to do that. Relief valve

3. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

Ok. I was thinking it was something like that. Only started doing it recently that I noticed but the snow piles are getting bigger so I guess that's why. Thank you.

4. RSE

RSE Member

Yes, it is supposed to do that. I think its better than Fisher because theirs doesn't do that and you end up really hammering your truck and plow.

5. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

What ?? Every Fisher I have ever owned over the past 25 years has done just that-matter of fact the Meyer plow I owned years ago also did--crossover relief/pressure relief valves if set correctly will do that to prevent "hammering" the plow& truck

6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Every plow made has relief valves for lift and angle. Just a fool making an ignorant comment.

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Too add they are all adjustable as well.

8. RSE

RSE Member