1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Cobol Dude, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

Ho do I know if i need timbrens? Is it as simple just to see what my clearance is when the plow is raised? Also what is the worst that can happen if I dont put them on? I really dont want to hurt anything since everything is new but I am also not going to be plowing commercially.
    Thanks for your replies.

2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

What kind of truck, plow, front springs? You didn't give us a lot to work with.

3. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

2004 silverad 1500 with the snow plow prep package and a fisher minute mount 7.6 ft

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

your truck should be just fine i plow with a dodge dakota club cab v8 with bilstien shocks and weight in the back its fine just add some counter wieght :cool:

5. Cobol Dude

Cobol Dude Junior Member

Hi Plowman...
    Does your dakota have the timbrens on it and stock springs?
    Thankyou for your replies. Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i have the same truck put the timbrens o its simple to do and they make a huge differece on our trucks

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Yes stock but bilstien shock and hd rear springs but i think the stock springs are hd with the v8 :)

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Here is a pic of my truck with Timbrens, you'll notice very little sag when plow is up. I highly recommend these.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Picture with it up, notice little difference in height and ride still feels factory.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  10. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

yea before i added the timbrens on my truck it dropped like 2 inches now it only drops half an inch measured it yesterday heres a pick without discusting looking aintit dont have any with yet

im0001~1.jpg