1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New guy....pics of old stuff

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Tractaguy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Tractaguy

Tractaguy Junior Member

Hey everyone,

New guy to the site...this place is cool. Here's a couple of photos of my newest toy and the reason I found this site. As any of you "more experienced" guys may observe, the plow on the front of this tractor is an ancient Meyer ST-78/U-13 combo. The tractor was built in the early 1940's.
    I've been wrenching on it for a couple of weeks and it should be running by the end of the weekend. At that point I am going to pull the pump assembly off of it and rebuild it. I think it's kind of neat. Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

awesome tractor! maybe we will get some snow to use that on! Welcome to PlowSite!

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

welcome to plowsite

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Welcome and great project. I see the plow has power angle rams, are they hooked up?

I also see youre in the northeast..hopefully we get that 'storm' thats being rumored for late in the weekend

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

note to self get new seat and i want one

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

me to i want one nice rig

7. Tractaguy

Tractaguy Junior Member

thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words...I like the thing more each time I look at it! I'll zap some more photos up tomorrow.

I have a question...can I get internal parts for that plow? I've been reading that I can't. I'd like to get in there and clean it up, replace the seals and go through the actual valve body (this thing has two cables that control up/down and left/right. If I need to post in a different section I will. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Brian

8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

awesome lil machine i love the old stuff a coat of paint,nice little cab enclosure and shes a snowbeast good luck and welcome to plowsite :waving:

9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Nice little tractor, when I saw the first picture it reminded me of the old Ford 8N tractors.

10. Tractaguy

Tractaguy Junior Member

good call

I think the reason I fell in love with this thing is the simple reason that my dad has and 8N and I got to screw around with it as a kid. That had a loader set up on it, but it was an open seat, small tractor like this one.

Can't wait for snow!

Brian

11. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Cool pics,

you plan to paint it?

12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

paint smaint its fine the way it is.

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Welcome, that is a neat rig

14. Tractaguy

Tractaguy Junior Member

uhhh

No plans for a formal paint job, but I'm going to make sure the frame has a good coat of black on it to keep the rust away. I'll probably hit the rear wheels as well. Going to grab some new tires in the Spring.

I like the patina.

Brian

15. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

Hang some tractor weights off the back, a set of chains on the back tires and you got it...

I love old iron :drinkup:

16. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

WOW thats so cool!! I love projects like that.

Good luck with it!

17. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

very cool. is that a full floating dana 60 rear end? i imagine you have to run chains on the rear end due to the lack of weight. at some point try to make an enclosed cab for it. that thing has a ton of potential.

18. Tractaguy

Tractaguy Junior Member

Rearend

It's a full floating rear...good eyes, but not a Dana 60.

It's a "Banjo" style ford piece...packed with 6.14 gears. Remember this thing was built in the early 1940's so it is complete stone age technology.

With the height of the tire and what I can only assume to be a pretty steep first gear in the trans (it's a 4 speed) it should push like a bulldozer...just really slow. I have tire chains for it and those pieces sitting on either side of the seat are wheen weights...they weigh 140lbs a piece. Plus my rather robust posterior on there and we've got some weight. I'll take some more pics today when I get it running.

Brian

19. scitown

scitown Senior Member

That seat looks cooooold. Nice little machine. Looks like it should be on display at a fair. I will edit this now that I know where you are from. That thing should be on diplay at the marshfield far in August.

20. PPP

PPP Member

Is that the tractor from Middleboro? Did you pay for it or did he accept a creative trade? A friend of mine was looking at it.