1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy needs help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by betterwaystodie, Jan 11, 2010.

1. betterwaystodie

betterwaystodie Junior Member

I recently bought a new work truck that happened to have a plow on it. Since I don't work in the winter being a Pool Tech I decided to start my own small winter company and do some snow removal. What I need to know is does anyone have any good diy links for pump maintenance, solenoid replacement, filter cleaning etc... I have an Ortiz Plow and have enclosed pictures of the setup in this post. As of now the plow works great but I do not know how to service it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Try a google search and see what you find
  3. Craig McBain

Craig McBain Junior Member

Some pump specs for you.

A search at youtube will get you some great vids on pump flushing. It's virtually the same regardless of your plow.
    I've attached a pdf that's from the pump manufacturer that will give you a little detail about your pump. It refers mostly to the m-683, but the m-683 thru m-688 are all similar.
    Looking at your photos, I'd check that white wire on the bottom photo, make sure it's not rubbing metal. (looks like it). I'd also make sure you get some NON-conductive grease around those electrical connections.
    Good luck.

Attached Files:

4. betterwaystodie

betterwaystodie Junior Member

hey thanks very much for your help and I will take care of that wire asap.