1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy Needs Help-Tennessee

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by masterlawncare, Sep 24, 2010.

1. masterlawncare

masterlawncare Junior Member

Ok, so we clearly don't get much snow down in TN, however I have just been asked to bid some of the large retail stores around for snow plowing. So this is not something I am used to quoting.

I have done landsaping for years, so just wanted an idea of how to quote this if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out. The following is pasted from their bid sheet. This grocery chain is about the same size parking lots as some of the Walmarts/Targets kind of thing. In the seasonal base ice event I can just use de-icer and not have to plow. However, all others require plowing. Anyone care to help shoot me some prices on this down here in Tennessee?????

Seasonal Yearly Base: Ice Event (Snow under 1.5")
    Level 1: 1.5-3" Event
    Level 2: 3.1-6" Event
    Level 3: 6.1-9" Event
    Level 4: 9.1-12" Event
    Level 5: 12.1-15" Event
    Level 6: Per Inch above level 5

2. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I would look at pricing plowing by the hour and salting by the ton. Most contractors in the Louisville, Ky. market plow by the hour and salt by the ton or pound. The spec they wrote is for northern climates I feel. Call and talk to them about the job/lots, tell them you are interested.but this is a new venture Do you have the equipment to do the work. Can you get bulk salt or bag. Some years you might not get any snow and your equipment will sit. Get a history of snow fall and ice for the past 3 to 5 years.

3. cseutah

cseutah Member
    from Utah

If you dont get a lot of snow I would bid a little higher due to the fact that you will need to have equipment on stand by just in case it snows. I would also ask for a retainer just in case it doesnt snow but you still have equipment on stand by.

4. cat272c

cat272c Junior Member

i would tell them 20,000 and hope it dont snow from what ive seen on here they will help u with problemes or parts not biding