1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Guy Meyer MDII E-57H

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowLane, Jan 22, 2003.

1. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Hi everyone!!!
    I found this awesome web site a few weeks ago and just now joined.
    I have a 2002 F250SD 4X4 with a Meyer MDII, STP 7.5 and a
    E-57H power unit.

Dealer support for this plow has been outstanding. I originally had this installed with a slick stick and I noticed when I angled left it would smoothly stop to the left after angling was complete. Then when I would angle right it would jerk a little left after I let go of the switch. After raising it would also jerk a little left. I talked to my dealer and he upgraded me to a touchpad. He said that when angling left the motor runs by itself and when angling right the motor and "C" valve are operating. When i would let go of the switch the "C" valve would de-energize and the motor would coast to a stop, since the motor was coasting it would try to angle left. He explained to me that raising was the same since the motor and the "B" valve was energized to raise. He said the touchpad has timers built into it to continue to send power to those valves ( "B" while raising and "C" while anging right) until the motor can stop coasting. This has eliminated the jerky operation. Also he told me that when I disconnect the whole set-up to be sure to push the lift arm down to create slack in the two chains. This has made disconnecting a breeze.

I have had E-47's and E-60's in the past and this new E-57 is much faster than the old E-47 and almost as fast as the E-60.

This goes to show you that a plow is only as good as your dealer support.

2. hillworks7669

hillworks7669 Junior Member

Welcome

Welcome to plowsite, I have only been here little over month, LOVE IT!

I wish for every new member we would get an inch of snow:D

3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:
    Sounds like you found a good dealer that offers good support. Dealer support plays a key role in owning any kind of plow.

4. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

:waving: Welcome... enjoy.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome. :waving:

6. windmill

windmill Senior Member

A Meyer you say . . . Now your pm box will fill with hate mail:) from all the guys who can only say that word by spitting it out. I've got one too. . Welcome to plow site, your going to love it

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

"out. I've got one too. . Welcome"
    That's funny!!
    Me too!!
    Oh what the heck...
    Me too!! :p

Welcome to Plowsite!

8. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Meyer better have a good dealer in Cleveland!! As they build the darn things there..:eek:

9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

WELCOME...great site for the questions you think no one has the answer to!!